Transatlantic MSC Seashore At-Sea Activities

Heartgrove

We are considering the 19-Night Transatlantic aboard the MSC Seashore this October. Being English-speaking only, will there be enough daytime activities that we can participate in aboard during the six at-sea days while crossing? I am not refering to musical entertainment. On our last Transatlantic aboard HAL, there were activities during the seven at-sea days while crossing including: trivia, maritime historian talks, cooking demonstrations, and the ship's senior crew talks.

Well, as a Petty Officer Second Class, you could spend time in the wheelhouse assisting with bearings and depth soundings!  Maybe you can open a Blue Jacket Bar!  Seriously, it's been a while for us (over two years ago). There will be the obligatory musical entertainment, but there are also some cooking demonstrations, more trivia events, arts and crafts (demo and hands on), a few lectures and some sporting contests (most not too physical in nature, billiards, foosball, air hockey).  Hopefully, some recent TA cruisers will chime in.  Thank for your service, and happy sailing!

Edited by JAGR

34 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Well, as a Petty Officer Second Class, you could spend time in the wheelhouse assisting with bearings and depth soundings!  Maybe you can open a Blue Jacket Bar!  Seriously, it's been a while for us (over two years ago). There will be the obligatory musical entertainment, but there are also some cooking demonstrations, more trivia events, arts and crafts (demo and hands on), a few lectures and some sporting contests (most not too physical in nature, billiards, foosball, air hockey).  Hopefully, some recent TA cruisers will chime in.  Thank for your service, and happy sailing!

😉 I actually was a "snipe" below decks so more at home with running the engines and auxiliaries. Only on the bridge one time while underway - and for that I had to change into my "Whites" from my dungarees. Actually I am content with do-nothing sea days as I don't need to stand a watch anymore. It is DW that enjoys activities.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

😉 I actually was a "snipe" below decks so more at home with running the engines and auxiliaries. Only on the bridge one time while underway - and for that I had to change into my "Whites" from my dungarees. Actually I am content with do-nothing sea days as I don't need to stand a watch anymore. It is DW that enjoys activities.

Sorry!  Thought that was a quartermaster corp specialty mark!

• Like 1