Prima difficulties

travelerblue

Hearing from family onboard that they missed Harvest Cay as engines are malfunctioning. So many things are broken or not working (water slides, Escape Rooms, staircases, ingredients not available for common cruise drinks). Said it is really bad, certainly not up to the price paid on this cruise. We've cruised with NCL over 20 times and have never experienced these conditions especially on a new ship. Has anyone sailed recently? Did you experience similar things?

Wouldn't surprise me! I was on cruise #5 (NYC to Galveston) and stuff was already broken. As for lack of bar ingredients, checkout the threads about alcohol brands not available and other cutbacks. Par for course or sign of the times for NCL.

Edited by IrieBajan54

1 hour ago, travelerblue said:

Hearing from family onboard that they missed Harvest Cay as engines are malfunctioning. So many things are broken or not working (water slides, Escape Rooms, staircases, ingredients not available for common cruise drinks). Said it is really bad, certainly not up to the price paid on this cruise. We've cruised with NCL over 20 times and have never experienced these conditions especially on a new ship. Has anyone sailed recently? Did you experience similar things?

I was on the 12/16 sailing and the only broken thing I noticed was one of the pickleball paddles.  I never saw a lot of people using the big slides but they appeared to be staffed whenever I walked by so I think they were working.  I'm not sure about the kids' water slide; the only times I was up there were outside of their opening hours.

I never went in the Galaxy Pavilion but I think someone mentioned games not working on the last cruise.

I'm not sure about the 'common cruise drinks' thing.  We did have to seek out a bar to get a Mojito, so is it really that they don't have ingredients at all or just that every bar does not have every ingredient?  The latter seems quite reasonable to me.  

I had seen that one of the glass walkways was broken but that was evidently fixed by our cruise.

• Like 1

12/16/22 cruise:  Elevators were bad (had to enter 1st one that opened opened then select floor), a few of the virtual games, Buffet area is small, but they'll take your untouched plate if you leave it for a minute (i believe this is a concentrated effort to keep tables clean and open), ship seemed to rock more than others, I felt more sea sick symptoms yet seas were not rough?, 14th floor, room hallway appeared to have a persistent foul smell.