not happy with ta

i just called my ta cause as you have seen on my posts ive had to switch cabins because we are 3 now instead of 4 . well i called and she said i dont know if they will llet us not cancel the whole trip i have to call them now many on these boards told me rccl will just keep the money and rebook it to the other cabin no problem. she doesnt sound like she knows what shes doing:eek: she also said ill have to call you back later when i find out what they can do. then she said well ill take care of it im not sure if your rates are still locked in because were switching cabins if they are ill pick the best cabin for you. well i told her id rather pick my own cabin myself and she got a little nippy. well im sorry i want to choose my own cabin . when i first booked she told me that deck 7 was best and i booked it and later found out seven is awalking deck so shes no expert. i really wish now i booked with rccl. i will never use a ta again:eek:

i just called my ta cause as you have seen on my posts ive had to switch cabins because we are 3 now instead of 4 . well i called and she said i dont know if they will llet us not cancel the whole trip i have to call them now many on these boards told me rccl will just keep the money and rebook it to the other cabin no problem. she doesnt sound like she knows what shes doing:eek: she also said ill have to call you back later when i find out what they can do. then she said well ill take care of it im not sure if your rates are still locked in because were switching cabins if they are ill pick the best cabin for you. well i told her id rather pick my own cabin myself and she got a little nippy. well im sorry i want to choose my own cabin . when i first booked she told me that deck 7 was best and i booked it and later found out seven is awalking deck so shes no expert. i really wish now i booked with rccl. i will never use a ta again:eek:

Well, at least not that one.

Well, you can check back later on to verify.

We don't have a decent travel agent in the community I live in. We used him 4 times and I had to continually monitor changes because his business didn't.

I made up my mind then and there, since he didn't provide much for perks, that I would just work with RCCL directly. Have done so twice now and am very much satisfied. In fact, I have now changed by cabin for the 3rd & final time on Rhapsody and they have been quite accomodating. REason for changes...price drop...did an upgrade to balcony and then found out an aft balcony cabin was available...so change again. I think this is it though.

Keep in mind that it's not necessary to have a local TA. We live several states away from our TA, and I wouldn't trade her for anything. We've used several local agencies in the past and never had much luck. I always seemed to know more than the agent! Now we deal with one via phone and e-mail. She's prompt in responding and has proved invaluable to us in the short time we've been working with her (about a year).

Ask your friends and family members for a recommendation if you really want to work with a travel agent. Otherwise, if you would be more comfortable leaving all of your cruise travel arrangements in the hands of Royal Caribbean, then do that in the future. I'm not sure you'll be happy with that in the long run, but then again, you're certainly not happy now.

I agree with Host Karen.....we are in AZ and we have used a TA in Kansas City for most of our bookings. And a big LOL about US knowing more than a TA...thats one reason we stayed with the one in Kansas City...he knows his stuff! Just our last 2 bookings were direct with RC.

Good luck with your situation! Keep us posted. :D

I also agree with not using a TA. There is no point since RCCL uses price fixing, the TA's get the same price that we do.

It is easier to call RCCL and do it yourself, that way if you have any changes, you can do it, instead of playing phone tag with a ta.

I also agree with not using a TA. There is no point since RCCL uses price fixing, the TA's get the same price that we do.

It is easier to call RCCL and do it yourself, that way if you have any changes, you can do it, instead of playing phone tag with a ta.

I disagree. It's true that in general there are no price differences, but we (TAs) have acces to group bookings with lower prices, and other promotions. I get $100 off certificates for some sailings on RCI and X which are not available if you call them directly.

Other reasons to use a TA have been mentioned in other threads, but basically boil down to one word: SERVICE. It's true you won't get it from all TAs, but you will get from good ones (which is true of any profession).

As for dealing with a TA long distance, I have customers in many states (as far as Hawaii) and Canada, Central, and South America. I've never had a problem doing business by e-mail or phone...

Regards,

Enrique

I used an online agency... not happy at this point. Can't verify reservation on RCCL's site - has said "being modified" for the last couple of days.

Called today to see when I should expect my docs, and what method I would receive them in... they didn't understand what I was asking. I did get an answer of "the cruise line doesn't send out documents until 21 days prior to the cruise". Now, okay, I have 39 days, but I booked my mother on the same cruise, but through RCCL directly and I already have her docs. I don't remember asking RCCL for electronic docs, but that's what I got. Not really clear on how I get my luggage tags, do I just get them from the porter?

I think the trick is finding the right TA. And we have! Love her and she is a couple of time zones away from us. She has gotten us great deals and service on our last two cruises and will use her to book our Alaska cruise on RCCL. Even though she can't discount it like the other lines, she has earned our business! Keep searching until you find the TA that works for you.

While I have read many posts about using a TA vs booking direct, I think once you find a TA you are comfortable with I would go that way. I have read many posts regarding problems with TA's but you can have a lot of problems booking direct also. If you haven't read this thread yet it can show the possible problems booking direct and not have anyone to fight for you. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=308357

Do you have a booking number that gives you access to your reservation on RCCL? If you do, try calling Royal Caribbean yourself anyway.

HI Havana Daydreamin, just dropped in to say hello from across the pond, we are booked on Mariner B2B 17 Sept 2nd week with Vicki and friends.

bye for now Jewel

I've started using COSTCO travel and they were very good. Although,the prices are the same they throw in some perks. I'm waiting for $125 giftcard from my cruise last month and now they are covering travel insurance instead of the giftcard.

Archived