Price jump

pattimow

First time cruising with MSC, was pricing out our trip for the past couple of days and then tonight went to book and the price went up. Did I just miss the mark? Or will the old price come back? Should I just pay the extra before it goes up again? 
Not familiar with MSC prices continue to go up closer to sailing or down?

As long as you are not booked in the YC, you should be able to call and get your price adjusted, as with the other cruise lines.

The reason I mention the YC (and this might just be based on the Canadian website) is that their deposits are non-refundable. I think it can be transferred to another time but only once. Side note: I read on the forum, someone downgraded their YC reservation to a regular cabin and then cancelled and was able to get their deposit back.

Back your question -- book the price you are comfortable with and then change if you can. 

1 hour ago, xcell said:

As long as you are not booked in the YC, you should be able to call and get your price adjusted, as with the other cruise lines.

Back your question -- book the price you are comfortable with and then change if you can. 

@xcell, What? 

My understanding of the OP, is they were pricing a cruise and have NOT booked. Now when they check that sailing, the fare is higher. Fares do change but usually mostly upwards. All about supply and demand. 

OP does not state which sailing and how far out, so a future ‘sale’ is possible , but my answer would be , they missed the boat.

Also regarding changes, I believe with MSC, you need to book Fantastica ‘experience’ or higher which allows one change.

Most cruise lines allow fare adjustments if the fare has gone ‘down’ before final payment, OP has not booked yet?

Edited by wallyj
  • Like 1

I was pricing out cruises this morning and was a little shocked to see that a "$189pp" 4 night interior with just the Fantastica upgrade came to around $700 for two.

To be fair, a similar Carnival booking priced out a little higher.

5 hours ago, RC Dancers said:

I was pricing out cruises this morning and was a little shocked to see that a "$189pp" 4 night interior with just the Fantastica upgrade came to around $700 for two.

To be fair, a similar Carnival booking priced out a little higher.

The taxes have gone up as I see for my January 2023 Meraviglia sailing I booked 2 months ago, the taxes were only $200, now doing a mock booking for the same sailing, the taxes are almost $300! Could also be there is a difference in cabin type as I booked interior studio and that category is sold out, but normally the taxes are the same for the lower categories?

9 hours ago, wallyj said:

OP does not state which sailing and how far out, so a future ‘sale’ is possible , but my answer would be , they missed the boat.

I think you meant ship 😉