Long Beach Park and Cruise

ksmcdonald

We are cruising on the Miracle Jan. 8 and just received an email from Carnival that we have to park at the Convention Center instead of the pier for our 14 day Hawaii cruise. Has anyone done this before, and if so, what kind of a hassle is parking there?  They said it is a 10 minute shuttle ride from Convention Center to pier. How safe will our car be there?  I’m having no luck finding hotels that have park and cruise to Long Beach.  I found one but only good for 7 days of parking. There are many hotels with park and cruise for San Pedro pier. Any help would be appreciated.   

I posted on West Coast Departure board as well.  Not sure how much traffic that board gets. 

It's just as safe, I wouldn't worry. There is not enough parking for all the ships. The shuttle will probably get you there faster than waiting in a long line up anyway. Any hotels that have the 7 day park and cruise rate will probably work with you if you call them. They may add a bit more but it will usually be cheaper than parking at the garage. The Convention center is cheaper than the Carnival garage also. Hotel Maya is popular for park and cruise. 

• Thanks 1

We had previously been forced to park at the Convention Center, and actually found it quite easy.  Yes, it took a couple of extra minutes due to waiting for the shuttle to fill up at the parking garage, but, it was easy and no hassle.  Agree with previous comments on park and cruise.  Hilton Long beach offers a good park and go package and so does the Hotel Maya Doubletree.  You can actually walk from the Doubletree to the cruise port- which we have done several times.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

So all Miracle cruises are to park at the convenrton center? I'm doing 4 day in a couple of weeks & have not gotten any notification

we leave Jan 8th and just got the email Jan 2nd about the parking.  Not sure if it is because we are going on a 14 day. Maybe 4 day cruises will park at terminal. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, victory2020 said:

So all Miracle cruises are to park at the convenrton center? I'm doing 4 day in a couple of weeks & have not gotten any notification

Yes. The rationale is so they have enough parking for all 3 ships.  One can't be expected to show up to a full lot. Think of the chaos and resulting 'meltdown' on CC! 🤯

Edited by jsglow

• 2 weeks later...

Sure! If you want, you can wait in the Convention Center line, get turned away, and THEN drive to the terminal to pick up your Pass! That sounds like fun to me!

On our Thanksgiving cruise, the pier's parking garage was closed to Miracle passengers.  Carnival's preference is that you drop off your luggage and passengers and make your way to the Convention Center.  You probably could make your way over there first....

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Itried4498 said:

On our Thanksgiving cruise, the pier's parking garage was closed to Miracle passengers.  Carnival's preference is that you drop off your luggage and passengers and make your way to the Convention Center.  You probably could make your way over there first....

Did you park at the convention center? 

17 hours ago, Itried4498 said:

Did you try to park and they refused you entrance, or did they just say it was closed to Miracle passengers?

I don't recall any attendants at the parking lot entrance, just an automated gate.

1 hour ago, scottca075 said:

Did you try to park and they refused you entrance, or did they just say it was closed to Miracle passengers?

I don't recall any attendants at the parking lot entrance, just an automated gate.

The arms of the automated gates were up and not issuing parking tickets.  They had a sign & leaflets on how to get to the convention center parking area.

19 hours ago, Itried4498 said:

The arms of the automated gates were up and not issuing parking tickets.  They had a sign & leaflets on how to get to the convention center parking area.

That's interesting. Did they give you the parking permit for the convention center there or at the center itself?

12 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

That's interesting. Did they give you the parking permit for the convention center there or at the center itself?

There is no parking permit - parking is at a designated corner of the convention center for Carnival only.  If you don’t have checked baggage nothing stops you from going directly there.

5 minutes ago, Itried4498 said:

There is no parking permit - parking is at a designated corner of the convention center for Carnival only.  If you don’t have checked baggage nothing stops you from going directly there.

Thank you, you have been very helpful!

On 1/18/2023 at 8:46 AM, Itried4498 said:

Carnival's pre-cruise instructions for Miracle say:

"Cruise guests can drop off their luggage and travel party at the cruise terminal in the designated drop off area, where drivers will be provided with directions to the convention center parking area and a decal identifying them as a Carnival Miracle guest"

I don't know if you can park at the LBCC without the decal, but the above is what Carnival says, for what it is worth.

3 hours ago, scottca075 said:

Carnival's pre-cruise instructions for Miracle say:

"Cruise guests can drop off their luggage and travel party at the cruise terminal in the designated drop off area, where drivers will be provided with directions to the convention center parking area and a decal identifying them as a Carnival Miracle guest"

I don't know if you can park at the LBCC without the decal, but the above is what Carnival says, for what it is worth.

That's the same verbiage as the e-mail we received in November.  We did not receive a decal - just a single sheet of printed paper with a map, instructions & information.  Parking was in a designated area.  The LBCC does not allow overnight parking and I doubt they tow people in the designated Carnival parking section who did not place the paper on their windshield (many people, including us, wouldn't bother).  You swipe your CC upon entry - it's not staffed and if it was, I'm certain you could tell them you're traveling Carnival.

If anyone had different experiences, please share.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This thread has useful information for us, we'll be on the Miracle in April for a 14 day Alaska.  

I have a question that I don't think has been addressed.  When you return, does the shuttle back to the convention center take your entire party and luggage?  Does the driver take the shuttle and retrieve the car and return the the terminal to pick up his party and baggage?

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

7 hours ago, CRUZBUDS said:

I have a question that I don't think has been addressed.  When you return, does the shuttle back to the convention center take your entire party and luggage?  Does the driver take the shuttle and retrieve the car and return the the terminal to pick up his party and baggage?

The entire party can board the shuttle or just the driver, whatever is easier. When we cruise with my parents who are in their 90s, it is easier for me to go get the car and come back.

Thanks for the info!  I think we'll go that route rather than a hotel with parking.  At least it looks like the convention center is indoors and relatively secure.  We've left our car in terminal lot in San Pedro before, it was filthy after two weeks.  We started carrying window cleaner and paper towels to clean the windows before hitting the road home 😉