Drinks allowed on board, Arvia.

buddy 27

My wife has read, that on P and O Cruises, you can take on board with you, if you want that is, up to 1 ltr of spirits per person. Presumably bought at the airport duty free, for your own personally consumption in your cabin. Also, that during the cruise, you can also bring on your own soft drinks, pops etc, purchased in your destination ports, again for personal consumption in your cabin.

Is this true or are they taken from you at embarkation, either initially or on return from the visited location, and returned to you upon leaving to return home.? Thank you in anticipation Graham. 

1 minute ago, buddy 27 said:

My wife has read, that on P and O Cruises, you can take on board with you, if you want that is, up to 1 ltr of spirits per person. Presumably bought at the airport duty free, for your own personally consumption in your cabin. Also, that during the cruise, you can also bring on your own soft drinks, pops etc, purchased in your destination ports, again for personal consumption in your cabin.

Is this true or are they taken from you at embarkation, either initially or on return from the visited location, and returned to you upon leaving to return home.? Thank you in anticipation Graham. 

You can take 1L pp onboard at embarkation plus soft drinks/water, I would check the P&O small print as I believe they don't allow plastic bottles, cans and glass OK. You can take alcohol onboard at the ports, sometimes they check and keep it till the end of the cruise or you put it on the honesty shelf, however on our recent Caribbean cruise they never checked even though people were walking on with clinking carrier bags, us included.

• Like 1

On our last trips on both Iona and Ventura out of Southampton we boarded with 2 bottles of Prosecco and 24 plastic bottles of a well known Cola drink. We then bought more soft drinks in ports as required 👍

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

very disappointed in P&O regarding drinks packages, never had a problem before with other cruise lines where my wife does not drink and has a non alcohol drinks package and I have a full drinks package. There are very good reasons behind this but P & O refused to listen. They told us both people in the cabin have to have the same package.

So never again P &O your customer service stinks

5 hours ago, midlandgas said:

very disappointed in P&O regarding drinks packages, never had a problem before with other cruise lines where my wife does not drink and has a non alcohol drinks package and I have a full drinks package. There are very good reasons behind this but P & O refused to listen. They told us both people in the cabin have to have the same package.

So never again P &O your customer service stinks

I’m fairly sure it’s not just P&O that have the same rules. Cunard certainly have the same criteria. I know this because we wanted to do the same but it was refused. I do understand the reasoning behind it though. 

37 minutes ago, sandancer said:

I’m fairly sure it’s not just P&O that have the same rules. Cunard certainly have the same criteria. I know this because we wanted to do the same but it was refused. I do understand the reasoning behind it though. 

Same as Celebrity/RC. Both have to have it.