Ending in Honolulu

Pammilou

We have a cruise booked for October that leaves Vancouver and ends in Honolulu. I presume that we will disembark there with our bags. Do we have to find somewhere to store the bags then until our flight in the evening so we can look around without dragging them? 

31 minutes ago, Pammilou said:

I presume that we will disembark there with our bags. Do we have to find somewhere to store the bags then until our flight in the evening so we can look around without dragging them? 

You will be disembarking with bags to go through immigration.

You really have three options-- book one of the bus excursions that's offered that ends at the airport with your bags, rent a car for the day and use it for storage, or go to a nicer hotel for brunch/lunch/drinks + tip well and have them check your bags for the day. 

If you were going to tour Pearl Harbor the visitors center has a limited capacity to store bags which may or may not be at capacity when you visit. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scottca075 said:

You don't have an interest in spending a couple of nights on Oahu? Where are you flying to?

Have to agree here. I'd spend at least one, ideally 2-3 nights on Oahu and enjoy Hawaii a bit before flying back. No issues storing bags that way!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Another option - We (6 of us) are in the same boat (pun intended) and have 2 kids in tow. We're doing 2 days in HNL on the front end, so with work schedules, extra time on the back end isn't an option.

We booked a private tour to pick us up at the ship, and drop us at the airport in time for our flight. The tour company was VERY quick to respond and has been very accommodating - offering many options for us for the day, but we can customize every thing right up to day of. (We found the tour operator through ratings on Trip Advisor. I hesitate to say the company name, as we haven't been on the tour yet so I don't think I'm allowed to mention it here.)

This isn't cheap, but it offered tremendous flexibility, rides from the port and to the airport, a way to hold our bags, and the ability to arrange fun things to do, all with one reservation. To keep the cost down, you could always get to the airport earlier than you need (this type of tours books by the hour).

Our trip isn't until June but I'll be happy to come back and offer a review then!