COVID testing rules for Panama Canal trip that includes Columbia

jmdermd

I will be traveling on Norwegian Joy later this month through the Panama Canal. The only stop that requires has a covid test rule is Columbia.

All but one of my party is vaccinated for Covid. I see that that person will need to have a covid antigen test within 48 hours of embarkation date or a PCR within 72 hours of embarkation.

Does anyone know what the time is set for embarkation. Is that 48 hours before it leaves at 5:30 pm or 48 hours before you board or some other time?

Does anyone know what testing services are allowed? All it says is verified third party.

For the rest of us who are vaccinated, is a picture of our vaccine card on the phone ok?

We cruised from L.A. to Miami, full Panama Canal transit,  this past December on the Bliss.  Out last port was Cartagena, Colombia and we didn't need any covid test... not there or anywhere else.  We did bring our vaccine cards and I think they maybe looked at them when we embarked in L.A. but nothing more. 

On 1/3/2023 at 8:48 PM, jmdermd said:

I will be traveling on Norwegian Joy later this month through the Panama Canal. The only stop that requires has a covid test rule is Columbia.

All but one of my party is vaccinated for Covid. I see that that person will need to have a covid antigen test within 48 hours of embarkation date or a PCR within 72 hours of embarkation.

Does anyone know what the time is set for embarkation. Is that 48 hours before it leaves at 5:30 pm or 48 hours before you board or some other time?

Does anyone know what testing services are allowed? All it says is verified third party.

For the rest of us who are vaccinated, is a picture of our vaccine card on the phone ok?

It is very important to read and understand NCL requirements for your specific cruise. And don’t rely on bad advice from random Cruise Critic members. 

Bring your original vaccine card. 

The requirement is 2 days (not hours). test any time on Thursday to leave on Saturday. 

NCL has a couple of companies that they recommend (I.e., will accept without question). We have always used eMed for all of our cruise and travel needs. If you choose to go with a cheaper company, ensure that the negative report has all of the required information for NCL.