May Weather? West. Carib. Grand Turk, Half Moon, Nassau

Itsour10thanniversary

I thinks shorts will be fine, and you can leave the jackets home. This from the Grand Turk website, http://www.grandturkcc.com/ Climate: The average temperature ranges between 85-90 degrees Fahrenheit (29-32 degrees Celsius) from June to October, sometimes reaching the mid 90s (35 degrees Celsius), especially in the late summer months. From November to May, the average temperature is 80-84 degrees (27-29 degrees Celsius). A constant trade wind keeps the climate at a very comfortable level. In an average year, Grand Turk enjoys 350 days of sunshine.

Nassau and Half Moon are fairly nearby, so the weather should be similar.

• 4 weeks later...

If you are a night owl, you might want to pack long pants for night-time on the ship as it can get a bit chilly out on the open ocean. Other than that, I think shorts should be fine for on shore. Of course, you might want to find out about specific excursions .. if there is anything which involved going into jungle or forest-type areas, pack some pants and a thin jacket to help ward off insect bites. :)

Undrhil

• 3 weeks later...

We did HMC last year in May on Zuiderdam. It was warm ( I was hot) and nice and relaxing. I wore my bathing suit the whole time (but wore a short over it for kayaking). It was a little cool at night, but a shall was all I needed.

Archived