Shopping for French Champagne in Cannes

Aussie Jeep

Good Morning all, we will have a stop in Cannes on our cruise and wanted to purchase French Champagne, (thinking it will be cheaper there than in Australia)  Can anyone tell me if there is a Duty Free shopping at the Cruise Port Terminal.

How were the prices of the champagne if anyone has purchased.  Thank you  Bruce

On the 8 Med cruises I have been on the only port i have visited that was clearly selling wine well to cruise passengers was Corsica.  When I asked why, i was told that it is hard to get Corsican wine outside Corsica  so tourists buy it when visiting.  We have done the same in Tuscany when we have bought vin santo which is not readily available at home.   I do think buying champagne in Cannes sounds somewhat fun though.  

https://www.nicolas.com/fr/Champagnes/Champagnes/Champagne-Brut/c/020102/

This is a website for a wine shop in Cannes (just picked it out from Google) so you can compare prices.  This would not be duty free.  The prices are pretty similar to what I would pay in a supermarket.  I reckon the own brand could be worth a taste.  I am usually happy with Prosecco, until you put a glass of champagne beside - then I will tell you exactly which I like best.

Not sure what ship you are on, most will not allow you to consume your own alcohol on board.  We have occasionally brought wines at port and they have delivered to cabin on the last night.  They have not always made it off the ship LOL. 

If you were thinking of taking it home, it would probably only make sense if you are traveling home by car or train.  If flying you would have to put any bottles in the hold.  I have a friend who did that once with a red wine.  Not a nice outcome.  

If you have a post cruise trip planned it could be a nice treat on your hotel balcony.  At least with sparkling wines you don’t have to seek out a corkscrew!