MSC Midnight arrival in Dubai?

ashley321121

Hi,

I'm looking into booking my first MSC cruise and am a little stumped by the disembarkation schedule. It's advertised as a 7 night but when looking at the itinerary it shows second to last day in Dubai from 9am-11:59pm then final day Dubai arrival at 12:01am. What does this mean? Are we sleeping the night of 2/11 on the ship or no or is it optional? If I wanted to take a 2am flight on 2/12 would that be doable? 

Day 1 Sunday, Feb 05 2023 Port: Dubai, U. Arab Emirates Arrival: - Departure: 09:00 PM
Day 2 Monday, Feb 06 2023 Port: Abu Dhabi, U. Arab Emirates Arrival: 06:00 AM Departure: 09:00 PM
Day 3 Tuesday, Feb 07 2023 Port: Sir Bani Yas Is, U. Arab Emirates Arrival: 08:00 AM Departure: 05:00 PM
Day 4 Wednesday, Feb 08 2023 Port: At sea Arrival: - Departure: -
Day 5 Thursday, Feb 09 2023 Port: Muscat, Oman Arrival: 07:00 AM Departure: 06:00 PM
Day 6 Friday, Feb 10 2023 Port: Khasab,Oman Arrival: 09:00 AM Departure: 06:00 PM
Day 7 Saturday, Feb 11 2023 Port: Dubai, U. Arab Emirates Arrival: 09:00 AM Departure: 11:59 PM
Day 8 Sunday, Feb 12 2023 Port: Dubai, U. Arab Emirates Arrival: 12:01 AM Departure: -

9 minutes ago, ashley321121 said:

If I wanted to take a 2am flight on 2/12 would that be doable? 

Yes, you can disembark anytime after the 9am arrival on Feb 11. Certainly you also can stay until lunch time on Feb 12. And you can go to city and return anytime between. 

2 hours ago, ashley321121 said:

so if we wanted to disembark (without luggage) in the morning, spend the day in Dubai, return to ship for dinner, then disembark for good (with luggage) around 11pm that would be possible? any special approvals needed? 

Yes, you can do everything you said. No need for special approvals. But on the morning of the arrival you have a mandatory passport check with the Emirati authorities. Just came back from Opera this week so trust me with this. They even started Airport transfers with MSC at 2 a.m. for people with early flights. 

• 4 months later...
On 1/5/2023 at 2:42 PM, Liviucostin said:

I'm planning the cruise the following week. My first MSC as well. Very confused.

Want to make sure I have this right: I can sleep on the ship the 7th night, eat breakfast and then disembark like any other 7 day cruise? The 12:01 arrival suggests everyone must disembark by 2 or 3 am.

4 hours ago, cantwaitt said:

Correct. You can come and go as you please in Dubai upon arrival and could even "check-out" anytime that day if you wanted to. Or you can remain on the ship for the 7th night and permanently depart the morning of Day 8, just as though the ship had just arrived there.There is no actual arrival on Day 8 as the ship is already there.