Carnival Magic MDR Food

Flaps_15

When I was younger, i remember food being the headlining event of the cruise (for the most part). Cruise food was phenomenal. I recently went on an RC cruise and the Main Dining Room was so bad on our first night, we never returned. Granted, we did have good eats elsewhere on the ship - just never was blown away like I remember being in Carnival before all the COVID shortages etc… That seems to be the theme across all of RC.  

Can anyone attest to the food on board Carnival Magic within the last few months? 

3 hours ago, Joebucks said:

One person will say the food is inedible. The next, on the very same cruise, will say it was good. 

^^This. Like finoky above we thought the buffet at dinnertime was awful, but unlike them our dinner at the steakhouse was excellent. 

Interestingly, this was the first cruise that we didn't eat in the MDR even once. Instead we went to the steakhouse, Rudi's, Teppanyaki, Cucina del Capitano (twice), Guy's P&A, and the buffet. Ironically, it was also the first time we had ever gone to any specialty restaurants on a cruise. We had a lot of OBC, so we went all in. 

On the excel class ships, they've taken to serving side portions in small condiment containers.  And shrimp entrees were typically around 5 or so small shrimp.  We and others I've talked to and several I've seen online were also tremendously underwhelmed by Chibang--but I've had some trouble determining if these types of cutbacks are being done on all the ships, or just on the newest.  Basically, people will still go on the newest ships even if the mdr isn't that good.  But if Carnival is doing this on all the ships, I'm not certain how badly I want to do Carnival again.