back from the worse cruise ever!!!

tjsharktank

nastiest post i have ever read. do we smell a '' troll '' from another cruise line? i cant believe that a person could not be satified with NOTHING on a cruise. and going to bed hungry :confused: . like the old saying goes """ some people would complain that the money was dirty if they were handed a million dollars """". to hard to believe in my opinion. i will stick to carnival even after reading this.

and the OP has a right to voice his or her opinions. We're on the Victory in 2 1/2 weeks and I've actually learned things from the post that may be helpful. We will not be afraid to order whatever we want in the dining room, if need be. I don't think I'll book any excursions in advance (and definately not through Carnival) so I don't have to worry about being on the first tender. I'm going to move the towels if chairs are vacant for a long period of time. I have lowered my expectations and I think that is o.k. This review is no better or worse than reviews that claim "Food was wonderful. Shows were great. Weather was perfect. We loved everything. Cabin was immaculate. Everything was perfect". In case you missed it, OP has cruised before and there were a couple of good things listed in a subsequent post. The number of posts does not indicate how well you researched a cruise. I spend much more time reading posts than asking the same questions over and over. Lighten up Cruise Critics!!!!!!!!!

I haven't read every single post, I'm still wading through them all, but I have read nothing yet that said the OP doesn't have a right to state his opinion. But this message forum is set up in such a way as to give readers the right to respond to thread topics. Many have found some his statements to be outrageous (expressing extreme "hatred" for the CD because he didn't get the response he wanted), and they have expressed that opinion, as is their right (as long as they conform to board rules) whether or not you approve :rolleyes: . In fact, "lighten up" is what a lot of people are essentially telling the OP.

I am a strictly meat and potatoes girl, no sauces or fancy stuff for me but I never go away hungry. Is the food on CCL the best I've had, no, but there is always something that satisfies me.

My mom always told me that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. I guess you just have to pick your battles but it seems like the op found fault with everything on the trip.

I go on a cruise to kick back, relax, spend quality time with my dh and extended family. I figure if I'm on a ship, I'm not working so it can't be all bad.

Sorry you did not enjoy your cruise. Maybe the next one will be better.

CRUISE DIRECTOR: My hatred for this man is very high.

This was where I lost all power of speech. Your hate a man that you don't even know personally aside from when you complained. If you approached the cruise staff the way you approached your post here on a message board, I'm not surprised you didn't get much satisfaction.

I mean, my boss makes me cry weekly and really is pretty awful as a manager. I have a personal relationship with this woman and I STILL don't hate her.

Poor choice of verbiage, imo.

You know what ? I just finished reading the op posts prior to the cruise.

Many questions were asked and all were answered--NOT ONCE did the op say thank you---I cant believe it !

I think the op is a very self-centered person who thinks the world revolves around them, and wouldnt be happy with ANY cruise line.

Going to bed hungry ????? Yep that's a horror all right.

So many food choices are there.....

Now Now iluvdoxies, who knows what real issues the OP may have in life. But if the OP used some form of written or verbal yelling perhaps the stats below may be valid.:D Maybe this thread will die after you read the following:

If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.(Hardly seems worth it.)

An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.(I know some people like that.)

Starfish have no brains.(I know some people like that too.)

And nope I'm not referring to the OP.

Well, I was just sure this had to be a whiny female as I just couldnt imagine a man this whiny (ex-husband excluded)!! But, as someone said they'd re-read prior posts and found the poster was a he...I found that too! Guess I was wrong...the poster really must be a whiny, immature man!!!

I have been reading along with these posts for the last few days *quite amusing* and it just dawned on me(no I am not blonde) that this is the same ship I am planning to be on this Nov. All this drama and now I will get to see for myself if the OP is a brat.:D I'm almost certain this is the case and I have enjoyed the posts.

Joanne

PS and I have nothing against blondes

Can you imagine the OP with kids :eek:. Once you have children, your visions of perfect planning and expectations of how things should be go right out the window! I have 6 kids and I have learned to ALWAYS expect the unexpected...that way if things go off with out a hitch, it's like a BIG BONUS!:p

and the OP has a right to voice his or her opinions.... Lighten up Cruise Critics!!!!!!!!!

Where is the post telling him he can't voice his opinions? Sure he can, and we can voice ours, now can't we? I think this thread has been, in many instances, very 'light'. Much of the time I have been roflmao!

I have been reading along with these posts for the last few days *quite amusing* and it just dawned on me(no I am not blonde) that this is the same ship I am planning to be on this Nov. All this drama and now I will get to see for myself if the OP is a brat.:D I'm almost certain this is the case and I have enjoyed the posts.

Joanne

PS and I have nothing against blondes

LOL Joanne....just remember that the one dolphin on duty is under Union contract and is required to take 15 min. breaks.:eek:

Where is the post telling him he can't voice his opinions? Sure he can, and we can voice ours, now can't we? I think this thread has been, in many instances, very 'light'. Much of the time I have been roflmao!

I think that's why we keep this thread going, it's so darned funny!

I think it's a good thing that this OP's hatred has brought us all together....:rolleyes:

Why not HIJACK it!

Here we go cruise critic members. Let's all offer our opinions to these questions?

#1, Is the OP a troll?

#2 Do you give a rats pitottie(sp) if someone else wears jeans on formal night?

#3 Do you visit the F-Deck?

#4 Do you visit Derf's links?

#5 (Last, but not least.)Do you bring a portable battery operated personal appliance with you on the cruise?

Please answer like this:

yes,no,no,yes,sometimes!:D:D:D:rolleyes:

We are cruising in May on the Conquest and no telling what kind of behavior my son, a Marine just back from one year in Iraq will display, but I will make sure he doesn't spill wine or fall down drunk even though he probably deserves to do what ever he wants.

Linda

Conquest 5/7/06

Liberty 9/18/05

Glory 6/04

Conquest 6/03

Linda, I hope you and your son have a great cruise. I'm sure he'll be behaved, but if not, a little bit of spilled wine never killed anyone, and if he falls down from too much, so be it. He deserves to have a good time and blow off a bit of steam. Tell him thank you and have a blast!

Write a letter directly to Bob... dont know his last name. Seriously, write without exxaggeration exactly what went wrong, bad and everything in between. They should give you a free cruise or one huuuuge discount.

I respectfully disagree with this suggestion that they should give a free cruise or a huge discount. She had a bad vacation, and while that sucks, life goes on. Sure, she paid money for it but you better be darn sure that if I'm paying money for my vacation I'm going to have fun no matter what. I didn't like some aspects about the Victory last year. In fact, some of it flat out pissed me off but I STILL had a FANTASTIC time on my vacation.

If Carnival gave a discount or a free cruise to every person who complained they'd be losing money just like any other cruise line would in the same position. The OP I'm sure had a terrible time but I have to believe that 90% of it was their own fault.

No offense OP, just my take on your "review."

edit: I should clarify that I do not disagree that they should write a letter. I think that if they had this bad of a time it is well within their right and completely necessary :)

nastiest post i have ever read. do we smell a '' troll '' from another cruise line? i cant believe that a person could not be satified with NOTHING on a cruise. and going to bed hungry :confused: . like the old saying goes """ some people would complain that the money was dirty if they were handed a million dollars """".

Yep, that about sums it up. Another old saying comes to mind when I was reading the OP's "review". I probably can't post it on this board, but it goes "he wouldn't be happy if you........." and then it refers to something that used to happen in the old west "........with a new rope".

That's a joke, son. :p (Foghorn Leghorn)

LHP....Cabo is tendered, PV and Maz. docked! We went to line up about 15 minutes before the time they had posted in the capers for getting off the ship and it wasn't too bad of a line yet! We had no problems getting to any of our excursions.

I think that's why we keep this thread going, it's so darned funny!

I think it's a good thing that this OP's hatred has brought us all together....:rolleyes:

Did anyone bother to point out to the OP that if 1/4 of Lido deck chairs were "saved" that there are several other deks that have chairs??

All they had to do is go up a flight of stairs to the next deck.

I will not even suggest the F-deck...they would probably complain that it was desolate and the chairs were all tied up.:eek:

Write a letter directly to Bob... dont know his last name. Seriously, write without exxaggeration exactly what went wrong, bad and everything in between. They should give you a free cruise or one huuuuge discount.

I respectfully disagree with this suggestion that they should give a free cruise or a huge discount. She had a bad vacation, and while that sucks, life goes on. Sure, she paid money for it but you better be darn sure that if I'm paying money for my vacation I'm going to have fun no matter what. I didn't like some aspects about the Victory last year. In fact, some of it flat out pissed me off but I STILL had a FANTASTIC time on my vacation.

If Carnival gave a discount or a free cruise to every person who complained they'd be losing money just like any other cruise line would in the same position. The OP I'm sure had a terrible time but I have to believe that 90% of it was their own fault.

No offense OP, just my take on your "review."

edit: I should clarify that I do not disagree that they should write a letter. I think that if they had this bad of a time it is well within their right and completely necessary :)

there are times when I might agree with the letter, and I was one who said "give it a try" but I don't think it will do much good except, perhaps for the part about the shore excusion not offering what the ship claimed it would. If the OP had mentioned some very positive points about his cruise and yet had serious concerns a letter might help, but when the person is so upset all they can do is gripe, a letter would soon end up in the round file as we used to call it in the olden days. The minute the cruiseline sees one of the complaints deals with deck chairs that is the minute the letter will be discarded. None of us like this deck chair situation, it happens at resorts and in Vegas as well. You go to a different deck or you sit on the deck until a chair or lounge becomes availabele. NMNita

Archived