Luggage labels

Hi everyone - we will be embarking Discovery 2 in Majorca on 18th April and flying out from Manchester airport. I know that you have to print off boarding passes and luggage labels but do you attach the labels to the cases before flying out? This is only my second cruise with Marella and not sure what the procedure is now. The first cruise we flew to Corfu and the luggage labels were waiting for us before boarding the ship. We had to attach them before checking in. Any information on checking in procedure would be appreciated. 

Looking forward to this cruise as the itinerary has a few ports of call which we have not yet been to.

Many thanks.

hi  PJ s we came back off discovery today from  the Caribbean. yes you print off your boarding  passes and luggage labels  2/3 days before you go. you can only do it then on Marella  web site. The a 4 page for your luggage labels  is folded  in half then half again to give you a thin  strip of paper it shows you where to fold on the label, dead easy and i am internet dinosaur. to make the labels more sturdy i covered both sides with sellotape.  attach the labels to suitcases and carry on and put more sellotape to the ends. its like laminating them  works a treat.  cant print off your returning  boarding passes  they will do it at reception again 2 days before departure. your luggage labels will be provided  and will be in your cabin 2 days before leaving.   Ok thats it have   nice trip.

22 hours ago, pennib said:

You can get plastic wallets which hold the labels/tags and keep them dry etc. wallets attach to cases with wires. We have reused ours. Look on Amazon. They have tons to choose from. Not expensive.

Thanks for all the replies. We have the plastic wallets and have used them when we cruised with P&O last year but never used them on a fly-cruise before as always embarked at Southampton. Roll on April.