Tranportation

brianl_s

I need the experienced help in solving a transportation issue. Real quick summary on the situation:

Cruise out of Miami - Flying into FLL (Fort Lauderdale) the night before. Booked hotel in the Brickell area of Miami. Thinking what I SHOULD have done was just get a hotel by the FLL airport that had shuttle to/from the FLL airport and purchased transfers from FLL to the port. I could have been taken back to FLL the next day and transfered from there. Now I think I'm stuck because all hotels by the FLL airport seem to be booked and the hotel I currently booked with will charge me a cancellation fee. I inquired with a reputable transfer company for two passengers and was quoted $50.00 (excluding tip) for the airport to hotel trip and $72.00 (excluding tip) for the ship to airport trip. The second is more because I guess they have no van service available that day or time and quoted a car. My questions are:

Any better idea as far as transportation from FLL to hotel and then from ship to FLL?

If I have to stay with this option what would be a normal tip for this service?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

*Disclaimer - I actually thought I was saving money by flying into FLL and also I booked the hotel back in September and just wasn't thinking clearly...

Archived