“the Big One”! World Cruise on Sojourn

shark b8

35 minutes ago, highplanesdrifters said:

...Coconut Lime Martini, floating around tropical waters, sure, I might give one a go........just to be social. 😃

HPD

Yep, exactly.  That onboard offering around the pool was vaguely tasty and interesting, but pretty much just “an around the pool thing”.  On the other hand, may have to further dabble in martini-world, going forward, thanks to this CC family.   

• Like 1

Btw….when I snapped the pic of the tug (apparently) pulling us into position, I noticed a guy on the other tug, just off our starboard - taking phone video of us.  We’ve both noticed this over the last week or so - while we Seabourners take our pix and video as always, there seems to be a really noticeable change in everyone else in port taking pix and video of us!   On the streets, in and out of the buses, on the tours, lots of locals returning the favor, of taking pics of us.  Obvs there’s a fair amount of poverty to be seen in Indonesia but it would be hopeful to think that the tech thing suggests the poverty is on a downward path and prosperity might be on the upward path.  🤞

57E59BDF-EB2D-4C8C-97E4-3DCB753D9187.thumb.jpeg.f6093f86b492bc4f8683514045785842.jpeg

• Like 4

Hello to all the folks on board tickling us with great pictures, videos, and posts. We'll be joining next week for the leg from Victoria to Cape Town. Any clue yet from SB about new excursions from the extended stay in Zanzibar and the new stop in Dar-es-Salaam? 

We sadly had to cancel a private overnight trip to Tsavo East from Mombasa, such is life, but hoping something as interesting will spring from the new plan. All the best,

Kinghw, your post reminded me to take a look…and just now I see that there are 3-4 shore excursions listed for each day in Zanzibar.  (Although none yet for the added call to Dar Es Salaam).  Since we haven’t been contacted yet about the specifics for what we had originally planned in Mombasa, I’m guessing they’re still in the midst of getting it all set up, adding things as they go.  If I can get a better answer from Destinations or the Square, I’ll post.

6 hours ago, shark b8 said:

Kinghw, your post reminded me to take a look…and just now I see that there are 3-4 shore excursions listed for each day in Zanzibar.  (Although none yet for the added call to Dar Es Salaam).  Since we haven’t been contacted yet about the specifics for what we had originally planned in Mombasa, I’m guessing they’re still in the midst of getting it all set up, adding things as they go.  If I can get a better answer from Destinations or the Square, I’ll post.

Thanks for the reply, shark b8. I checked the Source app and see the new itinerary with the excursions. Website still shows the original. Looks like progress!

• Like 1

There are two suites on our deck, entirely separate from each other, which have had this going on, for several days now, when we walk by.  And I’ve seen the guys in the white jumpsuits on the respective verandas.  At first glance, it looks like….perhaps somehow flooded?   But of course these days, that other concern 😱  can’t help but pop into one’s head.  But if it were the dreaded “C”, would they leave the doors propped open?  Don’t know, just wonderin’. 

200A2761-DBDC-4CFB-A990-E6534276C816.thumb.jpeg.fae653a5e4e22f7af1ca168e4dbf2bb2.jpeg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, shark b8 said:

There are two suites on our deck, entirely separate from each other, which have had this going on, for several days now, when we walk by.  And I’ve seen the guys in the white jumpsuits on the respective verandas.  At first glance, it looks like….perhaps somehow flooded?   But of course these days, that other concern 😱  can’t help but pop into one’s head.  But if it were the dreaded “C”, would they leave the doors propped open?  Don’t know, just wonderin’. 

200A2761-DBDC-4CFB-A990-E6534276C816.thumb.jpeg.fae653a5e4e22f7af1ca168e4dbf2bb2.jpeg

Did you see the message about balcony deep cleaning? This is “home base” for the cleaning team. They’re using lots of heavy equipment. 

Edited by florisdekort
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, shark b8 said:

Ah, you’re right I’m sure.  Saw the balcony memo (and they just finished ours ½ hour ago), just didn't connect the dots.

the first suite on our Deck had all that stuff too......all going straight out onto the Balcony! BTW...I have had a few people ask me if I know who sharkb8 is......I run another Seabourn Group.....and am also on the WC. Obviously some of the members of my group also read this page. We are holding a Get Together on Saturday April 8 at 5.30pm, Deck 6 Forward.....you are welcome to attend, and see "another group of Seabourners" if you are at all interested...... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 2seabournsailors said:

the first suite on our Deck had all that stuff too......all going straight out onto the Balcony! BTW...I have had a few people ask me if I know who sharkb8 is......I run another Seabourn Group.....and am also on the WC. Obviously some of the members of my group also read this page. We are holding a Get Together on Saturday April 8 at 5.30pm, Deck 6 Forward.....you are welcome to attend, and see "another group of Seabourners" if you are at all interested...... 

Thanks for the invitation!

Rendang for lunch.  Beef cooked for hours with 4 pounds of spices and coconut milk, all of which get absorbed into the meat. When we finished a New Zealand/Australia cruise a few years ago, we disembarked in Denpasar, and then spent a few days there before flying home.  I discovered rendang, it was just amazing at the resort (I’ll remember it specifically, eventually) and made a recipe at home (Rasa Malaysia website, good stuff), fairly successful, if I may say so.  If my personal taste buds could vote, I think the Number #1 spot in the “Best Dish in the Known Universe” would be a tie between rendang daging and a perfect bite of salmon sushi.  

86598646-01B4-4BC0-B7B0-808126224D58.thumb.jpeg.1bdd0ea133c2d1ce04152a904f22faed.jpeg

• Like 7

Last night was Keller chicken night at the Colonnade.  And the night before….we had asked the MDR maitre d’ if there was ever a possibility of sweetbreads for dinner.  He said “I’ll talk to the chef”, and a few days later, voila!

E99481E0-0EDC-426D-AAEA-1A19B0337FA4.thumb.jpeg.5044c80322965a1ac2212c84ba9ba053.jpeg

6FF001BD-8C78-4484-A23C-2788317ADEE3.thumb.jpeg.cbb0ca55126fe119624ebcee52d36c81.jpeg

• Like 5

Hey folks, I meant to ask this way back in Melbourne.  When we arrived back at the ship from our day there, there was a ship tied to the Sojourn, that is, aligned right next to her but on her starboard, i.e. away from the pier.  I could only assume it was a refueling operation, a guess that was strengthened when I got a look at this ship, after we had all separated - sure looks like some kind of tanker.  Can anyone officially confirm my guess?  It was just a double-take sort of moment, had never seen this before.

7F9777F3-13B4-4A5C-9BD8-B55D3BD47A63.thumb.jpeg.300d767a1176caed61599e386faeb1f6.jpeg

BA6E6C62-F397-4FBA-B156-98171C86C272.thumb.jpeg.f7bb8d08503e14c72d68519bd447b7d9.jpeg