“the Big One”! World Cruise on Sojourn

shark b8

Our accommodation was just….amazing.  Up until now, we always maintained that the best hotel room we’ve ever had was at the Four Seasons in Dubai.   Mrs Sharkbait maintains that this was even better, and I have no strong reasons to oppose.  The entire property is alongside the river, and hippos are most everywhere.  As you see, each room has a large balcony viewing area - we were (pleasantly) awakened early the next morning by hippo-grunting. 

• Like 7

Just now, shark b8 said:

(more than a little…umm…”fragrant” by the way.  Possibly some wart hog on the menu last night) 

Or maybe……beets?!    😱

Edited by shark b8
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just had a flashback, and…begging your pardon to indulge me this….I‘m quite sure I inherited the wanderlust gene from my parents.  (I lost my mother at 93 and my father at 96, so I’m kinda hoping that those genes included some longevity ones, too).  Anyway, when I was a kid, they went to Europe.  They “went to Europe”.  In the early-mid 60’s, that was a really big deal, at least in my circles.  It seemed just so exotic and sophisticated. So, I just realized that a few hours ago, I casually typed “we are sailing between Madagascar and Mozambique”.   Just….wow.   Those who think everything is so much worse now, everywhere you look.….I dunno.

Edited by shark b8
  • Like 8

Forgot to add this one - when we disembarked in Zanzibar for the safari, this was the welcoming committee.  Wish I would have added a bit of video minutes later - Kyla, the wonderful Guest Services Manager, was dancing up a storm alongside.  Whenever/wherever there’s music and dance, we’ve found, Kyla is usually not far away. 

• Like 3

We came across this a little too late.  They had already feasted, and there were undoubtedly long naps to be had, under the trees.  And, about 20 feet and 180º from us, a hyena dozed and waited his turn. 

A408B6E5-092C-4898-8A7D-2440D8DD3D3A.thumb.jpeg.da3ea2fc80023fb8af2efec280f63a4a.jpeg

CBABB590-C3A5-4A33-B7CA-73C1B50E3343.thumb.jpeg.c68321cc398134c2cf50e7003237054a.jpeg

• Like 3