When are the chic nights on 11 cruise?

The Med

We are sailing on The Edge on 23rd Jan for an 11 night cruise.

I’m presuming that there will be 2 or possibly 3 chic nights but does anyone know what nights these will be?

I like to get my hair appointments booked in.
We only booked the cruise a few days ago and I’m now rushing round trying to get everything sorted. 

Thanks in advance for any advice or help. 

The normal rule of thumb is that the first EC occurs on the first full day of the cruise (Cruise Day 2) and the last EC is two days before the last day of the cruise.  So that means your 2 Evening Chic nights should be Tue Jan 24 and Wed Feb 1.  Because they are both sea days, that pretty much guarantees that it will be those two days.  Sometimes the EC night schedule doesn't follow that rule of thumb when they fall on a port day, but yours do not.

You may have a 3rd EC night that falls in the middle of the cruise and when I look at your schedule it is not obvious to me when that would be.  Celebrity's literature says you get two ECs but it is very common for a 3rd EC to occur on extended cruises such as yours.  If you were to have one, my guess is that it will fall on Sunday Jun 29 (Day 7) which is your second day at Aruba and it is exactly in the middle between the other two EC evenings.  Either way, you are going to have a great cruise.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/15047638_CEL_Evening_Chic_Overview_Flyer.pdf

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

The normal rule of thumb is that the first EC occurs on the first full day of the cruise (Cruise Day 2) and the last EC is two days before the last day of the cruise.  So that means your 2 Evening Chic nights should be Tue Jan 24 and Wed Feb 1.  Because they are both sea days, that pretty much guarantees that it will be those two days.  Sometimes the EC night schedule doesn't follow that rule of thumb when they fall on a port day, but yours do not.

You may have a 3rd EC night that falls in the middle of the cruise and when I look at your schedule it is not obvious to me when that would be.  Celebrity's literature says you get two ECs but it is very common for a 3rd EC to occur on extended cruises such as yours.  If you were to have one, my guess is that it will fall on Sunday Jun 29 (Day 7) which is your second day at Aruba and it is exactly in the middle between the other two EC evenings.  Either way, you are going to have a great cruise.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/15047638_CEL_Evening_Chic_Overview_Flyer.pdf

Excellent and very helpful information, thank you so much.

1 hour ago, jwlane said:

Probably the Tuesdays.  Did you not believe it when I answered yesterday?

Apologies, but I’m all of a flux at the moment.

I couldn’t even find my original post from yesterday, let alone find an6 replies.

I honestly didn’t mean to ignore you! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Wed Feb 1.  Because they are both sea days, that pretty much guarantees that it will be those two days. 

The 31st is also a sea day, and the 2nd is Nassau.  I'd rather have a full day/evening at sea to recover from the Chic nite debauchery 😉 before visiting Nassau.

Edited by jwlane
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jwlane said:

The 31st is also a sea day, and the 2nd is Nassau.  I'd rather have a full day/evening at sea to recover from the Chic nite debauchery 😉 before visiting Nassau.

Regarding those two sea days: I doubt that Jan 31st would be chosen because I have never seen two EC nights scheduled back to back.  Feb 2 would not be selected because it is never done on the last night of the cruise traditionally because you are supposed to be packing up your luggage that day.

14 hours ago, mahdnc said:

never seen two EC nights scheduled back to back.  Feb 2 would not be selected because it is never done on the last night of the cruise

I didn't say they'd be back to back (both Tuesdays, the 24th & 31st), nor on the 2nd (port day/final nite).

8 minutes ago, jwlane said:

I didn't say they'd be back to back (both Tuesdays, the 24th & 31st), nor on the 2nd (port day/final nite).

Sorry.  I was just saying there were reasons that I didn't see the Jan 31st and the Feb 2nd as EC days.  I misunderstood your post.

1 minute ago, mahdnc said:

the Jan 31st ... as EC days.

Many Caribbean cruises have two sea days at the end, so EC is typically on the first one, because the cruise ends after the second (last nite)---but this cruise is unique with Nassau on the last day.  I'm just theorizing EC will be on the FIRST of the 2 sea days.  Hey, we'll find out soon when the app updates the Cruise Planner.