alcohol (HERE WE GO)

Carnival allows a bottle of wine or champagne to be taken on board with you. I'm not sure how strict they are generally, but I just got back from a cruise on the Elation, and I had a bottle of champagne and a large bottle of water in my carry on bag. No one ever even looked to see what was inside. I did have to pass the bag through an x-ray machine, but that was it. No one ever asked or looked inside.

I know, I know - but a new cruiser just signed up and I am trying to find the post that refers to taking alcohol onboard in the checked luggage and I cannot find it.........

You're kidding right? LOL!

I dont joke about that stuff..... LOL!! She just signed up today and I didnt have the patience to teach her (over email to be exact) how to search - but again thanks to those of you that took the TIME to answer my question.........!!:cool: I thought no question was a dumb question - wrong board, I guess......:(

:o)

You're kidding right? LOL!

I dont joke about that stuff..... LOL!! She just signed up today and I didnt have the patience to teach her (over email to be exact) how to search - but again thanks to those of you that took the TIME to answer my question.........!!:cool: I thought no question was a dumb question - wrong board, I guess......:(

:o)

Not a dumb question, just asked at least daily on these boards. Sorry you couldn't find a thread before you posted. Hopefully you'll have some answers in the ones the other posters added.

Have a great time on your cruise!

Just so you know, I talked to Carnival last week and they have lifted the rule that you can only bring one bottle of wine on board. Bring as much wine as you like now. Same dining room corkage fee applies though.

Beer and Alcohol are still prohibited.

There is usually a thread daily about luggage and liquor, so keep checkin in! (if you can't find the other ones)

Carnival will let you bring wine and bottled water onboard (cork fee applies) They will confiscate hard liquor if you put it in your carry on, i have seen it done more than once. The best thing to do especially if you will be flying in, is buy the booze when you arrive and put it in you checked luggage, if you must bring it from home than put it in a plastic bottle inside a zip lock baggie and place it in the center of the suitcase.

I had heard on this board that it was OK to bring alcohol on board.

Well we were on the Valor just two weeks ago and before we got to the port of Miami we stopped and got 2 bottles of wine. I put them in our carry on.

When it went through the x-ray my husband heard the lady say...."well I don't have time to worry about confiscating liquor-we are too busy right now." She never said anything to us. But said this under her breath to a co-worker at he x-ray machine.

Just thought I'd tell you our experience.

:)

Just so you know, I talked to Carnival last week and they have lifted the rule that you can only bring one bottle of wine on board. Bring as much wine as you like now. Same dining room corkage fee applies though.

Beer and Alcohol are still prohibited.

There is usually a thread daily about luggage and liquor, so keep checkin in! (if you can't find the other ones)

Wine will get you Drunk faster But they allow it to go on even tho Wine is Alcohol.:confused:

We bottle our own wines and take a case of assorted bottles each time we cruise. Some we enjoy in our cabin or balcony and others we take to the dining room and pay their "corkage" fee. One batch of our home-made hootch was names by coinsidence "Baby Bachaus" (the greek god of wine). When we had that one "corked" on the Miracle (their dining room is the Bachaus Dining Room) the Matr'd loved the bottle so much we gave it to him, he refilled it, recorked it, and kept it on the edge behind his station!! I have no idea if it is still there or not.

We have never had a problem or been questioned bringing our own wine on board and if Carnival ever looked at our S&S bar tabs, they wouldn't have a problem with it anyhow...... B

Archived