Our " Getaway " to the Breakaway - NOLA 1/22/23 - live ?

JIMESOPUS

Arrived just before 1100 at Costa Maya, still haven't gotten the clearance from the locals, Virgin ship docked in the wrong spot as per the Captain. Just got the OK to disembark at 1149. Waterfront was almost empty until 1000, spotty showers in the area. 

IMG_3779.JPG

IMG_3778.JPG

IMG_3777.JPG

IMG_3776.JPG

IMG_3775.JPG

IMG_3774.JPG

IMG_3773.JPG

IMG_3772.JPG

IMG_3771.JPG

IMG_3770.JPG

IMG_3768.JPG

IMG_3767.JPG

IMG_3766.JPG

• Like 4

3 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

What are your plans for today? Is the pyramid one of the Hotel Xcaret waterslide features? 

Just to walk around, we have a 530PM dinner at Cagney's.. some folks ask about the pyramid, wondering if it's real, guess the didn't see the water tubes

• Haha 1

Have you heard any more about the Carinval passenger who jumped in the water?   What a dumb thing to do.  Looked like a lot of manpower to rescue him.  I would not have wanted to hear what both the Captain and the Hotel Director had to say.

WOW!!!

6 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Breakfast the past two days in O'Sheehans, bacon is terrible and the food is almost ice cold, guess we will try the MDR's - was told the buffet is a nightmare.

IMG_3762.JPG

Well I sure appreciate the updates Jim. But this is definitely not getting me excited for my upcoming Breakaway cruise. I’m sure mine is going to be as full as yours is this week and between the crowds and the restaurant issues this is really making me feel like the good ole days are gone! 

1 hour ago, www3traveler said:

Have you heard any more about the Carinval passenger who jumped in the water?   What a dumb thing to do.  Looked like a lot of manpower to rescue him.  I would not have wanted to hear what both the Captain and the Hotel Director had to say.

WOW!!!

the story we heard was a passenger on a scooter drove off the pier, hopefully she is ok and has insurance

• Haha 1

We didn't hear anything about the carnival passenger   yes it is back to pre pandemic level of passengers but the long lines (which we have really not seen) is going to happen so if you don't like full ships then maybe you should pick a smaller ship. We have had a great time in the last week and are happy to be back to cruising

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, LincolnLog said:

Well I sure appreciate the updates Jim. But this is definitely not getting me excited for my upcoming Breakaway cruise. I’m sure mine is going to be as full as yours is this week and between the crowds and the restaurant issues this is really making me feel like the good ole days are gone! 

seems crazy at times but you will find a groove that works for you. We are having a blast and just rolling with the punches

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

glacier blue hydration - much better here than the GA

IMG_3821.JPG

Enjoying following along!!  What is in a Glacier Blue Hydration?  Have you noticed if guests with the open bar package (not premier +) are getting served fountain soda or canned soda?  

1 hour ago, like2cruise said:

Enjoying following along!!  What is in a Glacier Blue Hydration?  Have you noticed if guests with the open bar package (not premier +) are getting served fountain soda or canned soda?  

Glacier Blue is a drink found only in O Sheehan's, only seen fountain on the BA

• Like 1

Day 5 or is it 17? Welcome to Roatan, Honduras. Plan for today - nothing, going to spend sometime in Spice then over to the pool. Really need time to rest. Last dinner with the officers was very interesting. We had the CruiseNext Manager and the assistant housekeeping  manager. Put in a request to have the Breakaway back in NY for the winter for all you Haven guest, she was surprised that the Getaway Haven doesn't have a roof. My conversation with the housekeeping manger went well, the reduction of cabin services went well, I would say he was surprised that no official notification was sent out, yet and that this process is new and is still a work in progress. 

I'm happy to report that the Behind the Scene Tour will return on most ships starting in February.

Have a Great Day 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1