Overnight in Osaka Questions

hubofhockey

Just booked a cruise in Japan with an overnight in Osaka.  We wanted to spend both days in Kyoto and possibly experience the evening/night there.  Does it make sense to request permission from Celebrity to stay overnight in Kyoto.  It would save some time and help logistically on day 2 as well, allowing us to see more.  I know Kyoto hotels aren’t cheap, but in the overall scheme of things, $350 for a hotel might be worth it.  I know Osaka has great dining, but this vacation to me is mainly about Tokyo and Kyoto and the other ports are more part of the vacation.

I doubt that Celebrity cares.  It would be best to let them know on the ship that you are staying overnight before you leave.

Here’s a discussion on this topic.

We did an overnight at Ha Long Bay on Azamara, but I think this is different because it’s Japan and visas are needed for Vietnam.  In this case, it’s saying we leave Osaka at 5 pm on day 2, meaning we will probably only have until 1:30 pm before heading back to the ship.  Maybe they run shuttles between Kyoto and Osaka.

Edited by hubofhockey