Has NCL fulfilled the promise of 6 Litres of water for NCL passengers with the Free At Sea package?

PapaGoose

Vacation44: never there before this am. 

I was looking at something else on the summary page yesterday and this was definitely not there.

Based on others comments that I read this morning I figured I check again, and there it was.

10 minutes ago, CWMixer said:

Vacation44: never there before this am. 

I was looking at something else on the summary page yesterday and this was definitely not there.

Based on others comments that I read this morning I figured I check again, and there it was.

Thanks.   As of now, it is not there for me for our March sailing. But it is for my nephew for the same sailing which confuses me.  

Does this water bottle feel like the “Great Giveback Of 2023”? 

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but this benefit feels like skillful misdirection. It isn’t a mirage, because it is real water that people can touch and drink. But it feels like an inexpensive giveback to try to counterweight rising prices (on sailing, packages, and service charges) and reduced offerings (1-1-1-1 speciality dining restrictions, once a day steward service, shrinking drink selection and availability). 

I think for many people, walking in the cabin to find water that didn’t carry an additional cost will be a big win. For many others that prefer tap water or have PPB package, this will not have much impact. But the addition is popping up across consumer’s MyNCL and that is creating a nice positive buzz for NCL. 

(I would assume that NCL has a nice relationship with Flow and is procuring this benefit substantially below the price of the offering.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

I just pulled a few new confirmations and noticed that Water6PK is showing. This is for a March cruise as well.

@vacation44, don't suppose you're on the 3/18 Joy sailing out of Miami?

No, we are on the Epic on 3/19.    First southern itinerary for us so we are very excited.   

4 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Thanks.   As of now, it is not there for me for our March sailing. But it is for my nephew for the same sailing which confuses me.  

Hi again.  Did your nephew book at the same time as you?  I seems that the announcement about the water came at the same time they raised the price of the gratituties on the drink package.  

4 minutes ago, susique said:

Hi again.  Did your nephew book at the same time as you?  I seems that the announcement about the water came at the same time they raised the price of the gratituties on the drink package.  

Hi susique!    I remember you well from our Joy suites issue last year.

That might be it.  I booked my nephew in mid November and our trip was originally booked this past April.   However, I did re-price a total of 8 times during this period and the last time was also in mid November.    I think the old gratuities were kept, but I will look into it.  As big water drinkers, we always purchase the water package to supplement our own water bottles when we go off the ship.    This next trip we will be with our two young adult children who are even bigger water drinkers so I really am hoping we are entitled to the "free" water.    

16 minutes ago, susique said:

6 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Hi susique!    I remember you well from our Joy suites issue last year.

That might be it.  I booked my nephew in mid November and our trip was originally booked this past April.   However, I did re-price a total of 8 times during this period and the last time was also in mid November.    I think the old gratuities were kept, but I will look into it.  As big water drinkers, we always purchase the water package to supplement our own water bottles when we go off the ship.    This next trip we will be with our two young adult children who are even bigger water drinkers so I really am hoping we are entitled to the "free" water.    

I just looked and we are all paying the same price of $152.60 per person for the "free" drinks.

On 1/8/2023 at 11:11 AM, PapaGoose said:

Now that some friends are presently sailing or about to set sail on NCL cruises in 2023, can anybody share whether NCL has honoured the “6 litres of Flow water in your stateroom” at embarkation if you have the Free at Sea perk included for your sailing?

We will be sailing in February, Panama Canal and ABC islands and I am wondering if I’ll have to pre-purchase a water package should NCL rescind the offer. 

Not for us. We got 0 from them in terms of water last month. The fact that I couldn't sleep once because of the ship rocking and ended up paying $8 for the S Pellegrino in our fridge didn't help, either.

8 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Not for us. We got 0 from them in terms of water last month. The fact that I couldn't sleep once because of the ship rocking and ended up paying $8 for the S Pellegrino in our fridge didn't help, either.

The water promotion has a start date of January 1, 2023 so you would not have been entitled to it.  

Just now, vacation44 said:

The water promotion has a start date of January 1, 2023 so you would not have been entitled to it.  

Ah, I didn't know that. I could have sworn it applied to our sailing in December, but I could be wrong.

On 1/8/2023 at 10:58 PM, Shidah said:

It shows on my app, 6 (1L) flow water.  Actually qty 2?  So does that mean 12?  I hope not, I don’t think we even need the 6.  We leave in two weeks, I’ll report if they are there.

For mine, which I assume is the same as yours, it reads "have Flow Water delivered directly to your stateroom"...which implies to me that you need to request it.  Otherwise, ship-wide, that's a lot of wasted effort.  We won't touch more than 2 or 3 of them for the entire 7 day cruise.  Tap water is A-OK with us.

Oh, on the question of who/when we get the perk:

--we booked a late January 2023 cruise back last August 2023: no water perk; 

--we also have a cruise for this April 2023, which was booked in October 2023: that one got the water perk. 

As others have surmised, it must've been a low-cost benefit offered last fall to paper-over all the other disadvantageous fee and service changes that have been implemented.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JGmf said:

For mine, which I assume is the same as yours, it reads "have Flow Water delivered directly to your stateroom"...which implies to me that you need to request it.  Otherwise, ship-wide, that's a lot of wasted effort.  We won't touch more than 2 or 3 of them for the entire 7 day cruise.  Tap water is A-OK with us.

Oh, on the question of who/when we get the perk:

--we booked a late January 2023 cruise back last August 2023: no water perk; 

--we also have a cruise for this April 2023, which was booked in October 2023: that one got the water perk. 

As others have surmised, it must've been a low-cost benefit offered last fall to paper-over all the other disadvantageous fee and service changes that have been implemented.

I chatted with an agent today and it seems the BOOKING needs to have been made during a certain window (September - December 2022) and that's what determines whether or not the water will be included.

So even though it's listed as part of my current package when I compare, it's not listed as one of my Perks in my summary, nor is it on my confirmation documents (as a promo code or otherwise) because I will not be getting them since I booked over a year ago. I think that's why there is so much confusion.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:

If you order 24 1L bottles do they actually deliver that or 48 .5L bottles? The last time I sailed the Encore they delivered me 48 .5L bottles. Either is fine. Just curious. Thanks. 

623907FB-322A-4245-8E74-78ECFD930362.jpeg

I see this now too! I'm glad, we are sailing to the Caribbean this time and always like to have extra water on hand for excursions and beach days.

3 hours ago, Shelaligans said:

I chatted with an agent today and it seems the BOOKING needs to have been made during a certain window (September - December 2022) and that's what determines whether or not the water will be included.

So even though it's listed as part of my current package when I compare, it's not listed as one of my Perks in my summary, nor is it on my confirmation documents (as a promo code or otherwise) because I will not be getting them since I booked over a year ago. I think that's why there is so much confusion.

Thank you for the information you were told.  Unfortunately,  it is not showing up for our booking that we made in September.  Also I thought if you repriced your cruise if the price dropped, then you would have to accept the current promotion.   We repriced in November for our upcoming March cruise so I would think the water would of been included. 

I am going to look for the original announcement to see what the T & C stated.  If anyone can find it, please post it.

7 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Thank you for posting!   When did you book your cruise?

We booked this one on December 10, 2022.

I hope that helps! We’re on a 5 day to Bermuda from NYC, with an itinerary change due to weather (no overnight). Still happy to be on a quick vacation!

1 minute ago, Mlake09 said:

We booked this one on December 10, 2022.

I hope that helps! We’re on a 5 day to Bermuda from NYC, with an itinerary change due to weather (no overnight). Still happy to be on a quick vacation!

Thank you and have a wonderful time.

• Like 1