Wine lovers that live in Miami

Going on the Brilliance April 17 and need a wine shop that is somewhat close to the Airport that has really good selection of fine wines before we board in Miami.If I am going to pay a corkage fee might as well buy a bottle or two of fine wine.

Thanks John

• 3 weeks later...

Small world. I'm sitting in my office in Stamford wondering the same thing and I also happen to be on the Brilliance on 4/17. We are getting in on 4/16 and staying at the Holiday Inn Portside. I have 2 questions. Will liquor stores be open Easter Sunday? I believe they just open later like any Sunday if my memories from Fla are correct. Is there a store fairly close to the Holiday Inn or will we need to take a cab?

Thanks

Small world is right! I am born & raised in Stamford and my wife in Trumbull.Are you sign up for Meet & Mingle? This will be our third

time on Brilliance, A great ship. Perhaps we could meet on the ship.

We are flying in on Monday morning and hopeing to fine a wine store.

Let me know if you find anything out.My email is ccheckster@aol.com

John

Call "Just For You" and ask for Shelley, her number is 800-882-9707. They will deliver your wine package the day of sailing. Right now I'm in the process of selecting some fine wines and she is very helpfull. The prices are much cheaper than buying on board the ship. They only charge $5.00 and that's because it's the fee from RCL.

Let me know what you think. We sailing on the Navigator on 4/15!

BTW - I got this information from this board, so others have used it and have been satisfied.

I get the impression that this is a small operation. When I call asking for Shelley, she either answers the phone or (it seems like) she's next to the person answering the phone. I've been really impressed with the service so far and I'm a very skeptical person!

Small world is right! I am born & raised in Stamford and my wife in Trumbull.Are you sign up for Meet & Mingle? This will be our third

time on Brilliance, A great ship. Perhaps we could meet on the ship.

We are flying in on Monday morning and hopeing to fine a wine store.

Let me know if you find anything out.My email is ccheckster@aol.com

John

Too funny. My wife and her parents were born and raised in Stamford and my wife's best friend who's on this cruise with her family, did too. You should have lots to discuss - hopefully a positive discussion. ;)

Now back to business. Thanks for the info bayman123. I found a site for Just Because...of You. http://justbecause.addictscay.com/ While we are interested in some wine we'd also like some booze. I guess we'll have to call to see what the deal is. Life was so much easier when RCI allowed you to purchase and bring back to the cabin although I don't remember them selling wine.

If I find out anything I'll let you know.

Where do they deliver to? Is it delivered to your room?, Or do you have to pick it up somewhere such as check in? the Pursers desk? Do they deliver beer? What kind of savings are we talking about here? $$$$$$ Say 24 Rasberry Diet Rites, 24 Pepsi, 12 A&W Root Beer.

Thanks!

Where do they deliver to? Is it delivered to your room?, Or do you have to pick it up somewhere such as check in? the Pursers desk? Do they deliver beer? What kind of savings are we talking about here? $$$$$$ Say 24 Rasberry Diet Rites, 24 Pepsi, 12 A&W Root Beer.

Thanks!

Supposedly delivered to your room but I haven't called to see what the deal is. I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to call today but if anyone else can let us know what they say. The website seems geared towards gift baskets.

Wow,

Folks this sounds GREAT ! I am cruisin this summer on the Freedom of Seas and had did not want to pack wine all the way to Miami.

I will be watching this thread carefully and hope others will comment if they have used the service.

This sounds almost to good to be true.

Okay...so here's the deal with Just Because....I and my group of 34 people used Shelley for our cruise last week. We ordered all kinds of beer, wines, champagne baskets, flowers etc. They were priced far less than what rccl charges. The baskets came wrapped beautifully and such a personal touch.

Shelley can get you almost anything you need...she even goes to great lengths to meet those hard to get items.

Our things were delivered the first three hours we were on board. She even takes orders a long time out from your cruise and will not bill the charge card til it is near your cruise.

Here phone number is 1-800-882-9707 Tell here Judi K. sent you to her and she will do everything she can to help you out...she is fantastic.

Have a nice trip and let me know if you order from her....you will love it!!

Judi

Archived