British Isles Explorer excursions in Bergen

Mgsrcs

We will be going on this tour in August 2023, departing from Bergen. Can anyone who took this cruise in 2022 tell me what Viking excursions were offered in Bergen? We’ll be there a couple of days early and are interested in a half day fjords tour on one of those days unless that’s one we can select while on the cruise. Thanks for any info or recommendations!

MGSRCS

4 minutes ago, Mgsrcs said:

We will be going on this tour in August 2023, departing from Bergen. Can anyone who took this cruise in 2022 tell me what Viking excursions were offered in Bergen? We’ll be there a couple of days early and are interested in a half day fjords tour on one of those days unless that’s one we can select while on the cruise. Thanks for any info or recommendations!

MGSRCS

If you have not done so, you may wish to join the roll call for your particular cruise. That forum is likely to have the most detailed information regarding your questions. Choose the month for your ship. 🍺🥌

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/768-viking-ocean-roll-calls/ 

4 minutes ago, Mgsrcs said:

MGSRCS

Do “Norway in a Nutshell” on your own; any Bergen Tourist Bureau can sell you an all inclusive ticket. Train Bergen-Myrdal, change to train Myrdal-Flam (the highlight of the trip), boat Flam-Gudvagen ( on the fjord), bus-Stalheim ( good coffee and amazing view), same bus to Voss,-train Voss-Bergen. Check it out on line, use a map. You can also book the ticket at many TAs in the States.

• Like 1

We were there with Viking’s BIE cruise in September 2022. As I recall, they did not offer anything like Norway in a Nutshell. I would do that on your own.

As for Viking offerings, I would recommend the trip to the Norwegian farm and the excursion to Edvard Grieg’s house, especially if it includes a concert. The concert was a real highlight of the cruise.

• Like 1