Celebrity Beyond Christmas Camp at Sea Activities/Review

woostergirl

My family were on Celebrity Beyond from Dec 18-26 in a Sky Suite. It was a great cruise! Best one yet!!

When I was planning our Celebrity cruise I didn't see too much about their Camp at Sea program on the boards and want to provide our experience if you are considering a Celebrity cruise. Lots of people recommend the larger cruise ships but Celebrity does a great job with activities for the kids. I wasn't super worried as my kids just like to play with other kids from time-to-time on cruises and having a kids club is enough for the. They were 11 and 7 when we sailed. We were told by the Camp at Sea counsellors that there were 320 kids on board for our sailing (with 2,700 total passengers).

As you can see from the attached photos, they have both kids club activities and also family activities. We did both scavenger hunts and came in 2nd on the second one. Woohoo! The space is smaller than the ones on Princess and RC but a cool thing they do is open up Destination Gateway for the kids club during the evening. Destination Gateway on deck 2 is where you disembark and return on port days. At night they take one age group down there at a time and do things like dodge ball and capture the flag. My daughter in the Captains (ages 10-12) group loved the adventures in cardboard: armory activity. For the Cadets (ages 6-9) one night they had a camp out and movie night. This was hosted in Gateway Destination and the counsellors decorated the space with bean bags, a tent and s'mores for the kids. We generally picked our kids up before 10p and the kids always said we came too early!

On Christmas Eve Day, the Family Craft Time in Eden was very well organized. Kids and families took over Eden that morning and the counselors had set up craft tables, cookie decorating stations and holiday activities (both Hanukkah and Christmas decorations). Captain Kate even stopped by towards the end to say hello to the kids and answer any questions they had. My daughter loves cats and asked about her cat Bug. We also learned that Captain Kate is a 49ers fan!

It always makes a cruise more enjoyable when your kids are having fun. Mine loved Camp at Sea. I wouldn't hesitate to bring them again.

IMG_3655.jpeg

IMG_3654.jpeg

IMG_3534.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the info, we are on the Beyond in March with kids 10 and 13.   It looks like more than enough to keep my kiddos happy on sea days.   How was the pool scene for the kids?  We like to hit the pool late at night while the MDR are going strong. 

• 1 month later...