Does the MDR still have a dress code?

NMTraveller

20 hours ago, LGW59 said:

I was in Naples for Xmas and of course, whenever I travel to what is supposed to be warmer weather in the winter, my New England weather follows me right along (does not want me to be homesick apparently) and it was 41 on Xmas morning and low 50's most of the week.  Though of course the day I was flying home it was 74.

Aha - so you're the one responsible for us practically freezing to death at Christmas! Next time, come down in July when we're melting at 100F and bring some 80F weather with you.

• Haha 1

I would be a fan of a LITTLE more relaxed MDR, not so I can dress more casually, but so the people who care about attire would be focused on the casual dressers and would fail to notice me rewearing/rotating the same several pairs of button ups/slacks on multiple nights 😈

Edited by Uwlwsrpm
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Uwlwsrpm said:

I would be a fan of a LITTLE more relaxed MDR, not so I can dress more casually, but so the people who care about attire would be focused on the casual dressers and would fail to notice me rewearing/rotating the same several pairs of button ups/slacks on multiple nights 😈

With the luggage fees you have to pay to the airlines, no more 2 suitcases for those evening dresses!!!

16 hours ago, Uwlwsrpm said:

More relaxed?   How?   On our last Celebrity cruise the MDR had lots of t-shirts- some plain and many sports teams, jeans of all colors including plain ol blue jeans, sandals abounded.  Nobody cared or stared at anybody else.  Other than shorts or swimsuits there was no code of what people wore.

4 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

More relaxed?   How?   On our last Celebrity cruise the MDR had lots of t-shirts- some plain and many sports teams, jeans of all colors including plain ol blue jeans, sandals abounded.  Nobody cared or stared at anybody else.  Other than shorts or swimsuits there was no code of what people wore.

This seems to vary from cruise to cruise.  The first night is more relaxed according to recent reports and perhaps enforced on later nights to some degree.

57 minutes ago, Altamar said:

Just off the Reflection yesterday. After the first night we did notice enforcement of “no shorts” in Opus.

34 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

So, if I've got this straight, old t-shirts, faded blue jeans and sandals are perfectly acceptable, but still absolutely no shorts, even of the designer (Tommy Bahamas or Lacoste) variety?  Good to see that Celebrity is determined to maintain that "upscale luxury" dining atmosphere in their MDR's.

• Like 1