Royal Caribbean Ocho Rios Highlights Tour

mabell2

Has anyone taken the Royal Caribbean Ocho Rios Hightlights/Dunns River Falls Tour? Last time we were in Ocho Rios we shopped all day and this time we thought we would spend a few hours seeing some sights.

We are not big beach people, but thought we should see Dunns River Falls at least once. Any suggestions??

Thanks......:) :) :) :)

Since I didn't get any responses to my posting I decided to do more research and I found many people that went with a tour with a guy named Phil Lafeyette. Over 225 people posted how much they loved his tours. I went on his website and booked his hightlights of Ocho Rios Tour. I filled out the online form and he got backtome a few hours later. His price is alittle cheaper, which really didn't matter but I just wanted a goodtour. We were in Ocho Rios a few years ago and went on our own and shopped. We bought some nice things but I thought it would be nice to see some other sights this time. Take a look at his website and then search the boards for the posting on him. Everyone loves him. www.phil-lafayette-tours.com

Enjoy your cruise. We are traveling on the explorer on May 7th...

• 1 year later...

This is an older post, but I have the same question. I'm considering Ocho Rios Highlights & Dunn's River Falls

for a famiy of 5. How much shopping and how to get from shopping to cruise ship? I think we really want a basic Dunn's River Falls and island tour - is there such at thing? Nix the shopping...

I wrote to Phil Lafayette and to Wentworth Pearson. I NEVER received a reply from Phil but had a reply from Wentworth that evening. My Wife and I don't really like to take tours with bunches of people that you have to wait on when they're late, try to find when they want to wander off or see something not caring about anyone else, etc, etc, etc. You get the idea.

I would rather book a personal tour for just the two of us and go where we want, when we want. That's why we booked with Wentworth and were ecstatic with our experience at the end of the day.

My husband and I just got back from the Freedom of the Seas. Our excursion in Jamaica was the OR Highlights & Dunn's River Falls trip. We booked this excursion through Royal Caribbean. What a wonderful excursion, much better than the Dunn's River Falls and Party Boat excursion we did 4 years ago when we went on a cruise!

We got off the boat and went into a building where they arrange you by excursion. We were then taken to an air-conditioned bus where Olive & Tony (our Tour Guide and our bus driver) took wonderful care of us! Olive was very relatable, informative, and made us laugh. We were driven through different neighborhoods and by a few statues where she did commentary on what we were seeing, then taken to Dunn's River Falls. At the Falls she warned about how the vendors act and gave some pointers on getting through the vendor area without buying anything. We were taken to get a locker, then led up the Falls. My only complaint would be that there were too many people on the Falls, but there are ALWAYS too many people on the Falls. :) Once we had everyone back at the bus, we went to the Taj Mahal shopping area for 30 minutes then to another shopping area for another 30 minutes. They took great care to find everyone before the bus took off and even took a lady to get crutches at a Pharmacy since she'd fallen and hurt herself on the Falls.

I HIGHLY recommend this excursion, especially if it's with Olive and Tony. :)

I haven't done the R/C excursion in jamaica but instead used Pete Taylor (whom so many had recommended) we went to the falls, ferngully, & a school (the kids were so sweet and happy to see tourists). Pete was informative,charming, polite, honest, funny and has a nice voice too. He told us whenever we seen something during the trip that we wanted to stop and photograph or see to let him know and he offered to take us all shopping after lunch (no additional charge) but we were too beat and ready for a nap, lol.

Jamaica was an amazing experience for me and I would've come back the next day and did it all again! If I ever go back I'm definately using Pete, I just can't imagine it being any better, especially for the price.

Whatever you do enjoy Jamaica!

Jamaica is no different from America. America is not safe either. Every day you watch the news so many killing . Kids shooting up schools and gang members going out there killing people. Also lots of poverty in America. So ppaxton should not make such comment. Ths world that we live in is not safe any more. Thanks.

:cool:

Jamaica is no different from America. America is not safe either. Every day you watch the news so many killing . Kids shooting up schools and gang members going out there killing people. Also lots of poverty in America. So ppaxton should not make such comment. Ths world that we live in is not safe any more. Thanks.

:cool:

You may be right, but I don't chose those places as vacation spots for myself and my children. And now that I know better, I will never allow anyone I care about to take there children their without making sure they understand the risk they are taking. And anytime I hear someone talking about taking their children to Jamaica I will continue to make such comments.

You can follow the thread yourself - do you really want to expose your children to this risk? This was a ship sponsored tour by the way -

Just of the Conquest today Sunday June 17th and we had Seventeen people robbed on a Jamaica excursion booked thru the Conquest! I have pesonally talked to four of the people who was robbed at GUNPOINT and MACHETTES in Jamaica on Wednesday 6-13-07!!!! Some women were roughed up and one had a camera cut off her neck with a machette when she did not hand it over to the two robbers! Four children under the age of 12 were hysterical beyond expantion. Neil our super shopper stands up on Tuesday and tells everyone how safe Jamaica is when you book thru Carnival and how great and safe the shopping is in the main plaza to shop. THANKS to you great folks here a CC I knew better and refused to take my family to the central market to shop and more horrot stories with the ULTRA aggressive and just mean people to deal with. No one on our cruise would EVER go back to Jamaica and all have promised to write Carnival and every cruise line to get rid of this port of call. If you are going to Jamaica soon, remember NO ONE can or will help you once you pass thru the Terminal Gates and if you do not want to expose your children and family to this type of trauma I would suggest that you do not leave the ship. Future cruisers should call their PVP/Carnival ASAP and ask if they will pass this port of call. If they say no ask them if they will be 100% responsible for your safety and 100% liable as well. These are FACTS, I was there and talked to the victims and how traumatized they were days later. DO NOT subject you family/kids to this type of environment. I will be posting a complete review at a later time, we had a GREAT cruise other than Jamaica!!!!

If you want to know more you can follow the thread yourself -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=574296&highlight=jamaica

Archived