Ovation Caribbean Cruises - Disembarkation

malcliz

We will be disembarking in Barbados on the 18th March and have a late afternoon flight. We understand that as we have booked Seabourn flights and transfers, that either a day room or lunch will be provided so that we don't arrive at the airport too early. Can anyone who has booked Seabourn flights confirm that this is the case and if so, what arrangements were made on disembarkation day?  Thank you.

1 hour ago, malcliz said:

We will be disembarking in Barbados on the 18th March and have a late afternoon flight. We understand that as we have booked Seabourn flights and transfers, that either a day room or lunch will be provided so that we don't arrive at the airport too early. Can anyone who has booked Seabourn flights confirm that this is the case and if so, what arrangements were made on disembarkation day?  Thank you.

You could also be driven around on a bus for a few hours and then dropped at the airport.

29 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

You could also be driven around on a bus for a few hours and then dropped at the airport.

We have done the Barbados excursion and airport drop that Seabourn offer twice before but we hoped that this time as our flights are with Seabourn that they would offer something different. 

28 minutes ago, malcliz said:

We have done the Barbados excursion and airport drop that Seabourn offer twice before but we hoped that this time as our flights are with Seabourn that they would offer something different. 

Don't hold your breath 😁

We were on Ovation during Dec. and booked our flight through Seabourn. We were taken to a resort hotel in Barbados where we were provided with several lunch options, all beverages and access to the entire property. Very pleased with our treatment. The hotel Seabourn selects depends on availability on your disembarkation day. It was NOT just a bus tour.

Edited by twodjs

We had a similar experience last year in Barbados, but because of Covid restrictions at the time, the selected resort required us to be restricted to a limited area of the property.  We were still provided with both indoor and outdoor space and a buffet lunch. Even during Covid  it was NOT just a bus ride.

38 minutes ago, twodjs said:

We were on Ovation during Dec. and booked our flight through Seabourn. We were taken to a resort hotel in Barbados where we were provided with several lunch options, all beverages and access to the entire property. Very pleased with our treatment. The hotel Seabourn selects depends on availability on your disembarkation day. It was NOT just a bus tour.

Thank you. That sounds good!

We were on two cruises which ended in Barbados in the past 18 months. For those with late afternoon flights, both concluded with a bus tour, including a light lunch, and ending at the airport. If there was a hotel day room option, it was only for people with late-night flights. If your flight is at, say 5 pm, they will want to have you at the airport at least 3 hours early, which means leaving a hotel probably about 1 pm. I think it's unlikely they'll take you to a hotel for just a few hours, but these things change, so you'll just need to find out onboard. Or you might be able to tell by checking your My Account for the cruise to see what you can reserve for that last day. 

P.S. If they offer the excursion to visit Harrison's Cave and then go to the airport, that's worthwhile if you've already done the drive-around-the-island tour. 

Well, in our case, it was the normal American Airlines flight from Barbados back to Miami - it leaves about 4:30 pm. We were at the resort from about 10 am to 1:30 pm - plenty of time to enjoy the sun, beach, bars and lunch. No matter which option you get, it's better than just sitting at the airport!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

Don't hold your breath 😁

Hi. I am in the same situation with a flight  at 19:25. I have spoken to Seabourn and they will try to organise a day room with lunch. We are not interested in a bus tour before a long flight home.

I found the answer to my question about disembarkation day in our documents as follows:-

Barbados Ship to Airport Group Transfer: You will be transferred from ship to airport. If you have a Seabourn-booked flight departing after 3:00 PM you will be brought to an interim location to wait for your flight. If you have a Seabourn-booked flight departing between 3:00 PM and 6:00 PM you will receive a meal voucher for use at a restaurant or hotel. If you have a Seabourn-booked flight departing after 6:00 PM you will receive hospitality accommodations. You will be provided with further details when you receive your disembarkation information while on board the ship.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, malcliz said:

I found the answer to my question about disembarkation day in our documents as follows:-

Barbados Ship to Airport Group Transfer: You will be transferred from ship to airport. If you have a Seabourn-booked flight departing after 3:00 PM you will be brought to an interim location to wait for your flight. If you have a Seabourn-booked flight departing between 3:00 PM and 6:00 PM you will receive a meal voucher for use at a restaurant or hotel. If you have a Seabourn-booked flight departing after 6:00 PM you will receive hospitality accommodations. You will be provided with further details when you receive your disembarkation information while on board the ship.

This is why I went out of my way to book Seabourn air vs. doing it directly through JetBlue.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

3rd March 2023

seabourn ovation  final stop Barbados Tomorrow

no hotels can be booked for day time use for late flights

all full

ship can only offer 6 hour tour of Barbados with lunch but understand that some passengers will demand bus goes to airport earlier

we are trying to book a hotel privately as I write this.

problem is Seabourn overbooking flights with late arrival and departures. Chaos 

head office no idea of problems they are causing staff on ship

understand 195 passengers in same boat and stuck with a bus tour!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trains01 said:

3rd March 2023

seabourn ovation  final stop Barbados Tomorrow

no hotels can be booked for day time use for late flights

all full

ship can only offer 6 hour tour of Barbados with lunch but understand that some passengers will demand bus goes to airport earlier

we are trying to book a hotel privately as I write this.

problem is Seabourn overbooking flights with late arrival and departures. Chaos 

head office no idea of problems they are causing staff on ship

understand 195 passengers in same boat and stuck with a bus tour!

I know this is late, try Adolu apartments, about 20 minutes drive from the cruise terminal. Basic accommodation, we stayed overnight, clean and comfortable. Our room wasn't ready however, they found another for us, checked in at 11am. The next day they gave us a day room at no extra cost until 6.30 when we left for the airport for our flight at 21.45 hrs. 

22 minutes ago, fudge said:

I know this is late, try Adolu apartments, about 20 minutes drive from the cruise terminal. Basic accommodation, we stayed overnight, clean and comfortable. Our room wasn't ready however, they found another for us, checked in at 11am. The next day they gave us a day room at no extra cost until 6.30 when we left for the airport for our flight at 21.45 hrs. 

Sorry Adulo not Adolu