EL YURQUE RAINFOREST TOUR GUIDE RECOMMENDATION

Dolphin3

My husband and I  will be visiting San Juan in July on the Norwegian Sky.  We have been there before and toured the old San Juan and visited the forts and castle. I was hoping to do some different this time.  I was interested in  hiking and waterfalls in the el Yurque rainforest.  Cany anyone suggest a local tour operator that could provide   this type of excursion.  I prefer not to use the ships excursions.  And does anyone know if Indian cave is near el Yurque? thanks in advance!

We went with a tour guide we met right outside the port when we got off the ship. We talked with a few before picking one we felt comfortable with. We paid $75/pp. If you do this, you need to make sure they have a pass that allows them access to the park. I heard from some other passengers on the ship later that night that the taxis they hired only brought them near the park but they couldn't go in.

One thing we wish we had known was that some of the hiking trails are now closed for maintenance due to the last hurricanes and we didn't get to hike or wade in the waterfalls. None of the guides told us this when we were looking to book a trip. Still, it was a nice trip and I think it was cheaper than booking on the ship.