Celebrity Mediterranean cruises

2 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Small world!  lol

yes

Thanks!  

Interesting.  Thanks!

That would be interesting!

I'm hoping to meet some people from other cultures.  

Yes, I'm expecting many Europeans on land.  I am planning to learn a few basic phrases in Italian before our cruise.  

It would be so cool to meet people from all over the world!

I didn't think about that. 

I wasn't worried about language.  I just enjoy meeting new people when we cruise and was hoping language wouldn't be a barrier.  I completely agree about meeting new people from different cultures!  

Thanks!

We will be going in June.  I would love to sail with such a diverse group if I were able to converse with them!  

I would enjoy that as well!  Australia is near the top, if not at the top, of my husbands bucket list!

We will be going in June.  I would love to sail with such a diverse group if I were able to converse with them!   For me, part of the fun/excitement of international travel is finding a way to converse with people that don't speak the same language, have shared many laughs with people I've met that way.  Heck, sometimes I even need a translator when I travel to Ireland.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I just enjoy meeting new people when we cruise and was hoping language wouldn't be a barrier.  I completely agree about meeting new people from different cultures!  

I couldn't agree more. The thing I missed most when unable to travel during the previous couple of years was not being able to meet people from all over the world. I have met many wonderful people when cruising some who have become close friends. One of the absolute joys of travelling!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, mom says said:

You assume wrong. The majority will be from English speaking countries as mentioned. Of course there will be some passengers from other countries, but they will be in the minority.

There are cruise lines that promote and cater mainly to European cruisers, although, of course, they will also have pax from some  other countries. These include but aren't limited to Costa, Aida, TUI, and MSC.

This is True and with the Rapid Expansion of MSC (The elephant in the room) it should hold true for the future.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know about Celebrity, but I booked a Carnival Med cruise in 2016 that sailed rt from Barcelona on the then brand-new Vista and it seemed that all of the passengers were from the US. A much higher class of passenger than a typical Carnival cruise, no question. The Mediterranean cruisers were comparable to the people I met on the recent holiday cruise we took on the Norwegian Prima as opposed to the party hardy-hold-my-beer crew that filled the 5-day Carnival cruise we took with friends out of Jacksonville a few years earlier. But they seemed to all be Americans.

Edited by njsmom
  • Like 2

On 1/12/2023 at 6:32 PM, Lena11033 said:

I did Italy last year, I would say more North Americans than Europeans.

Heck I moved 400km across the province and met an old friend from my gym on the flight then he ended up boarding the same cruise - hadn't seen him since 2019 lol

Such a small world. My friend's son, who lives in Los Angeles, was in Finland for a one-day layover recently and ran into his high school friend, also from LA, in a grocery store. In Finland! The friend had moved there, as it turned out. And yet they ran into each other 5,600 miles from home. 

• Like 1