Trip Insurance

BobJoy

I just purchased coverage for a cruise in September on http://www.insuremytrip.com. Two of the carriers on the site are now offering Cancel for Any Reason coverage that reimburses 75% of any pre-paid expenses if you cancel for any reason up to 2 days prior to departure. I decided to give it a try. As far as I know this is a new feature. In the past, only cruise lines offered this type of coverage.

I could be wrong!!

B

BobJoy ~

You really do want to purchase some insurance.

You probably will not need it, but things can and do happen.

check out all the policies on insuremytrip . You do not need to pay top dollar...or anything near top dollar.

Travelex is a great product at a nice, low price.

Deaths & accidents occur.....which could prevent you from traveling. You want to be sure that you do not loose all of your money.

My Mom died a few days after we got off of a cruise. If the timing had been different, and we did not have insurance....we would have lost a lot of money.

My son broke his elbow requiring 2 surgerys a few days before scheduled trip. It took a while but we got our money back. We then rebooked it for this summer. I was hating the $ I paid for the insurance but if I had not bought it We would have lost $9800

I will never book without it!

We watched two people being airlifted off our ship two different days on our btob cruises last fall. Both were due to falls on the ship. We haven't always purchased insurance but now that we are older and retired we always do. However, those two incidents brought home the fact that anyone at any age can have something like this happen, so now we recommend everyone in our family have insurance. Don't leave home without it!

Has anyone ever used STA Travel insurance? It seems to cover everything and it charges by length of time you are traveling. We fall under 9-15 days and the charge is only 70 dollars per person. Any pros or cons on this insurance?

Has anyone ever used STA Travel insurance? It seems to cover everything and it charges by length of time you are traveling. We fall under 9-15 days and the charge is only 70 dollars per person. Any pros or cons on this insurance?

Ihave never used it ,but I am planning to get it for our next cruise.Sounds alot cheaper than the rest and just as good.

Laura

This is the coverage we have chosen from insuremytrip.com

The cost ($95) covers the whole family. Cost of trip per family member is +-$1000 I think this coverage is adequate - do you cruise veterans agree?

~Connie

Plan Name and Terms TRAVELITE

Plan Type PACKAGE

Total Policy Cost for 5 Travelers $95

Available to Travelers from US

Trip Cancellation $1000

Trip Interruption $1500

Financial Default 14 DAY WAIT...

Terrorism in Itinerary City FOREIGN & US DOMESTIC

Travel Baggage $1000

Travel Baggage Delay $250

Travel Delay $750

Accidental Death $10,000

Medical $50,000

Dental $750 INC. IN MED

Emergency Medical Evacuation $50,000 INC. IN MED

24 Hour Emergency Assistance YES

Pre-Existing Conditions waived if insurance purchased within 21 DAYSfrom First Trip Payment

Pre-Existing Condition Period 90 DAYS

Insurance Company OLD REPUBLIC

A.M. Best Rating A+

Refund Policy 10 DAY FREE LOOK

Rental Car Collision/Loss $50,000

Flight Insurance

Additional Flight Insurance

Policy Fulfillment

Additional Notes

Archived