long beach cruisers (miracle 01/22/23)

Dwright826

1 hour ago, Dwright826 said:

I'm hearing rumors of long beach port parking being messed up or limited? has anyone recently been through? any experience? Trying to prepare for my carnival miracle sailing in a week.

We sailed in December and people had to park at the Convention Center because the Panorama and Radiance left a day or two before the Miracle so the parking was full.  Carnival sent us an email ahead of time to let us know.

47 minutes ago, jerseygirlinAZ said:

We sailed in December and people had to park at the Convention Center because the Panorama and Radiance left a day or two before the Miracle so the parking was full.  Carnival sent us an email ahead of time to let us know.

It says you go to the port to get a special pass to put in your window for the Convention Center? Can't you just go straight to the Center?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, victory2020 said:

It says you go to the port to get a special pass to put in your window for the Convention Center? Can't you just go straight to the Center?

What they're saying is go to the port first to drop off your luggage and get a sign to put in your car letting them know your for the carnival miracle. I think 

39 minutes ago, Dwright826 said:

What they're saying is go to the port first to drop off your luggage and get a sign to put in your car letting them know your for the carnival miracle. I think 

Yes, but we only do carryon & the way we drive in is past the convention center so if I could go there first it would be beneficial. Just wondering if anyone has done this. 

2 hours ago, victory2020 said:

Yes, but we only do carryon & the way we drive in is past the convention center so if I could go there first it would be beneficial. Just wondering if anyone has done this. 

Understood. So I'm not positive on this but I think the normal rate for convention center parking is somewhere around 25-40 dollars a day. I think that what the pass is for is to let them know that we're overflow from cruise parking which makes is only 20 dollars a day? And maybe they have rules about overnight parking at the convention center which the pass makes an exception to the rule? 

2 hours ago, Dwright826 said:

Understood. So I'm not positive on this but I think the normal rate for convention center parking is somewhere around 25-40 dollars a day. I think that what the pass is for is to let them know that we're overflow from cruise parking which makes is only 20 dollars a day? And maybe they have rules about overnight parking at the convention center which the pass makes an exception to the rule? 

Makes sense, thanks