Vision Of The Seas?????????

I posted this on "Ask a Cruise" question, had 27 views but no responses, so maybe I posted this wrong so I will post again on RCCL....anyway, My DSIL called to say that my DB will be coming home from IRAQ after being there for 16 months and she is planning a cruise for the two of them. They are looking at "Vision of the Seas" out of L.A.!

Can anyone give me any reviews or opinions on this ship? Can anyone give me any advice to pass along to them. I believe they are headed to Mexico on this cruise.

Thanks, in advance to anyone that Posts back. :D

We did this cruise last month. We have also cruised to Hawaii on the Vision. The ship has a very friendly crew and staff. She is showing her age a bit here and there but still very pretty and nice. We found the food to be tasty and varied. The ship is very easy to find your way around on and never felt too crowded. The Windjammer buffet would be busy at peak times, like breakfast, but that is to be expected. The Schooner bar is always fun.

We have had Owner's suites, Grand suites and Junior suites on the Vision. I really like just the JS in a midship location. Plenty of room for a couple.

The ship had engine problems on our sailing so the port schedule was shortened . However, having done the route before we know that the itinerary is a good one. It is nice to have the two sea days before going back to the real world!

Just got back from the 2/26 sailing. Sally R's comments are spot on. We really liked the ports. Far better than the Western Caribbean. We also thought that the entertainment was better than what we were expecting. The staff and crew on the Vision seem to have an even better attitude than the other RCI cruises we have been on. We had a balcony room. Plenty of room for two, and we couldn't fill the storage. Bon voyage!

We sailed on the Vision Mex Riviera last March. I thought it was one of the best managed of all of my RCCL cruises, service and food were great. Thought the ship was in very good shape. Liked the itinerary but you need to be mindful of the seasons for the Mex Riviera itinerary, we sailed in March and first/last days of cruise were chilly. Port weather was fine.

Archived