Customer Service Chats!

uneamie

After making dining reservations ONLINE for our May 7th cruise on Prima I wanted to make some changes to it. You cannot do it online you have to call or chat online to make any changes. So I started a chat. I wanted to change my Hudson's reservations that I already had for 5:30 for a party of 2. I wanted to change it for a party of 3 or 4. She said she would have to cancel the original one and the time and the only times she had left was 7:30 or 8:30. Essentially I had to cancel and rebook losing my time slot.............so chatting or calling them does not help. Also, I was unable to book a Hudson's for a different day which gave me a 6:30 time which was good but then tried to complete the order and it would not go through. I've been tryng for 3 days and nothing.  So I tried to do that with the chat I was having and she said there were only 7:30 time slots for that day. Ugh.....they showed earlier times ONLINE but not when chattting. So essentially I will have to make all my changes once on board. Just thougth I'd mention this in case anyone thought calling or chatting made any difference in booking reservations. It does not. 

• Like 1

Are you having problems with the checking out process once you've added your reservation to your shopping cart?

My shopping cart always shows empty when I go to "pay" for the reservation.  This happens on different laptops and my mobile app so it's not a cache thing with my browser.  Tech support was unable to help and suggested I just complete my reservations via chat or phone.

Not the end of the would but a bit of a pain given I have to plan out a 12-day trip.

Everything was fine for me until last Friday (1/13) I was able to book other dinner reservations online.

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Like 1

You might want to just wait till you are onboard the ship to make the dining change. Based on my own past experience, making a simple change such as what you are wanting to do isn't a big deal. Just go to the restuarant the day you board and ask for the adjustment to your party number. I have never had any issues getting this very thing done. I'm sure there are others that have had a different experience, but typically all of these NCL staff members are more than accomodating. Should be an easy fix.  Good luck and happy cruising. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

Are you having problems with the checking out process once you've added your reservation to your shopping cart?

My shopping cart always shows empty when I go to "pay" for the reservation.  This happens on different laptops and my mobile app so it's not a cache thing with my browser.  Tech support was unable to help and suggested I just complete my reservations via chat or phone.

Not the end of the would but a bit of a pain given I have to plan out a 12-day trip.

Everything was fine for me until last Friday (1/13) I was able to book other dinner reservations online.

yes....it would not let me check out. It had the time I wanted available, I added it to my cart but then it would not let me complete it. When I went on CS chat they said that time was not available. Oh well...I will do it onboard. Their online system leaves a lot to be desired. 

Good point.  Based on my past experience (26 days and counting!) all of the complimentary dining venues have slots that they hold back from online booking before the cruise and people make changes on no show once onboard.  I wouldn't worry too much about the system feedback so far, just make the changes when you get onboard but yeah, as a person who likes things set beforehand, I get it...