TAMPA TO FT LAUDERDALE

johnnydeo

You may spend more time flying than driving.....and driving g will have less stress!

To fly, you have to leave the house, drive to the airport, park, check bags, get through security, wait for your plane, fly, deplane, get bags, find transportation to the port......all the while worrying about possible delays? 

Take a leisurely 4 hour drive the night before and enjoy your vacation.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, johnnydeo said:

Has anyone flown on Silver Airways from Tampa to Ft Lauderdale?

My flight arrives at 11:10am day of the cruise.

Celebrity Equinox departs @4pm.

Enough time for Taxi to cruise port?

Plenty of time.

I too wonder why you don't drive. We hate airports and flying, we live in Punta Gorda and always drive, we've made the trip in as little as 2 hours and 10 minutes, you should make it in 3 hours and 45 minutes. 

Edited by MISTER 67

4 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

Plenty of time.

I too wonder why you don't drive. We hate airports and flying, we live in Punta Gorda and always drive, we've made the trip in as little as 2 hours and 10 minutes, you should make it in 3 hours and 45 minutes. 

I’d rent a car and drive.  A taxi would cost more than two flights.  We live in Bonita, halfway in between Tampa and Fort Lauderdale and are lucky that we can drive to either side in a couple of hours.  

Yes, I have taken Silver from Tampa to FLL...but not since pre-covid...and even then they had frequent delays. While it's a very quick approximately 35-40 minute flight time...like others have mentioned it takes time to drive to the airport...have to arrive early...go through security and then transport to the ship once at Fort Lauderdale. In reality you really aren't saving any time...other than the 3.5hr "physical drive" from Tampa to FLL...it's a trade off. Also these are small prop planes...not full size jets like on Southwest Tampa-FLL.