New faces on SD2

TrapperZimmy

Just spent 11 outstanding days on SD2.  In addition to the regular crew whom we have loved for years, there were two new guys who made it extraordinary.  First is Captain Charles, who had been on board only a fortnight when we boarded.  As great as we have considered other SeaDream captains, Charles is in a class by himself.  He is the most personable captain we have seen in all the years we have sailed on SD.  He loves to mingle with the passengers and get to know them.  He goes down the water slide (with great form, by the way) and attends the beach parties.  Having dinner with him was a real highlight.  Conversation was fast and funny.

And there's a new chef in town, too.  At least since we last sailed a year ago.  Eldon is Italian and has added that influence to the menu.  While the old favorites are still there, Eldon has introduced some new dishes, or some variations on the old ones.  He has encouraged his staff to be creative.  No longer are the same three rolls served at dinner.  There is now an assortment of five or six, and they vary from night to night.  As always, everything is expertly prepared with beautiful presentations.  And he's a real charmer.

Can't wait to be on board with them again.

• Like 5

I too was on this cruise (just 7 not 11 days). TrapperZimmy is the ultimate mystery shopper. I think I met you TrapperZimmy but you disguise yourself well! (Maybe I shouldn't have been using your profile photo as a reference LOL).

As a first-time Sea Dreamer, I was blown away by the cruise -- in all areas. Even though I had high expectations - SeaDream exceeded them. The crew was outstanding. I had a few panics over some choppy tenders during our excursions to Saba and St. Barths but the crew were so kind and got me on and off with no mishaps.

7 days of being totally spoiled! Also, the British Virgin Island segment of our itinerary was amazing and the beauty of these islands also added to the enjoyment.

• Like 1

Naveron, I am so sorry we didn't meet. 

And if you thought tendering in St Barths was difficult (and it was), you should be glad you weren't on the previous trip. That St Barths tender was really bad. But the crew is great - they really help you and make you feel secure. 

I'm so glad that you had a wonderful SD experience. I look forward to meeting you on a future cruise. Did you book another?

Naveron, You are so lucky to have gotten to Saba!  We have been on 3 itineraries where we were supposed to go there and it's been cancelled each time!  (Sometimes BECAUSE of the seas) I know it's not a big issue but one of these days I would like to get there to say Ive been!