Is Premium, Premium.

*Fudge*

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

We had both Decoy and Conundrum in October and December.  

Which ship? We were unable to get Decoy or Conundrum on our December b2b (Apex). FWIW we were in an SV, not a suite or Aqua. And forget about Caymus, for which I would have happily paid the upcharge. They were even out of Elegance. We were rarely able to acquire premium waters outside the MDRs and Eden Restaurant. We were not happy with the Premium wine selection. When I met the F&B manager during at a Captain’s Club event, I took the opportunity to quietly express our frustration. He didn’t address the wine issue, but he did express surprise that I couldn’t acquire waters as he’d seen pallets of them in stores. He kindly offered to send a case of large bottles of Evian to our cabin. Several hours later we returned to our cabin to find the promised Evian. I wish I’d met him earlier, instead of late in the first leg of our b2b. 

We had similar Premium water and wine issues on Equinox last April (in Aqua) though Elegance was available. We had a few Premium package issues on Edge in October 2021 (in a Sky Suite) but they were nothing compared to our 2022 cruises, especially those in December. Our December b2b cruises on Apex had the worst Premium wine, beer and water availability we have ever experienced. 

Edited by Silkroad

46 minutes ago, Moochi said:

The canned water is the perfect size for a pack of liquid IV. And you won’t taste the funny part once mixed. The small glass bottle is too small and large is too large. The glasses in the room and bathroom hold 16oz but then you will have to find something to stir the liquid IV mix.

We carry liquid IV packets around the ship. Ask for canned water, dump the powder in it, close the cap, shake it up, and sip it along the cocktails. It works perfectly. 

No can do.  I drink my water straight up 😄

• Like 1

If the recent changes to the Classic package to include everything in the Zero Proof package, that will change the math on whether it's worth upgrading to the premium package. If I can get the premium & carbonated waters on the classic package, it may make sense to just pay the upcharge on my alcohol drinks. 

Back to the OPs question:

The first reply listed what should be available in the premium package. Your call on how much of that is "premium". In August there were definite shortages. Mostly in wine, but our sommelier (we were in the Retreat) was able to suggest some great lesser known wines by the glass that were far better than the standard name brand offerings. Whether those were available in the MDR or the bottles were hidden away in Luminae is unknown. The listed wines are "such as"; I don't think there's an actual list of wines until you're onboard, and even that was frequently outdated. Whisk(e)y was hit and miss, but  generally acceptable. I really think their specialties are cocktails, especially the World Class Bar if available, and they do seem to have liquor on hand for all those signature drinks.

We  had OBC so when we actually wanted a good wine, we bought a bottle. I'm not a fan of their by the glass Pinot Noir or Cabernet, although I think they had Kendall Jackson Vintner's Reserve Pinot Noir which was surprisingly good (could have been Estate, but it was in the package, so I don't think so). They had some really nice Italian wines by the bottle. But we weren't looking for Caymus or Conundrum, so I wouldn't have noticed if they weren't available.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sussex Cruiser said:

I agree with the others.  After resumption of sailing there were severe shortages of everything, even down to cans of coke on one cruise.  It has got much better for sure, but some ships are still missing some items, only one or two mind.  I'm still very wary of getting a premium drinks package as a result, as those missing items are usually ones I want, and I feel rather shortchanged as a result. Plus the menu changes at the world class bar, and removal of my favourite drink, seals the fate for me.

What did they change regarding the menu at the World Class Bar?