Upgrade offer?

uneamie

We just got an email from NCL that offered us an upgrade from our Family Balcony to basically any of the cabins above that catagory. The only one that seems affortable to us was the "Spa Balcony"on deck 16 mid ship. Has anyone been on deck 16 spa balcony? My concern is "what's above us" on deck 17. It looks like the "raceway" not totall sure. Anyone with info for that location of cabins? Oh and do you think the Spa balcony is worth going for. The upgrade was only $100 per person. 

Looking at your signature op - we are talking about the Prima yes? And deck 16 spa cabins?

Yes indeed I would at least for now avoid the deck 16 spa cabins until I would have heard from quite many people if the deck 17 Galaxy Pavilion caused any disturbance for the deck 16 cabins that are partially below it. I tend to usually shy away from all cabins that are directly below or above any kind of high activity area (gym, club, pool etc).

Edited by European_CruiseGirl
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, hallux said:

Knowing the ship is helpful, and what cabin specifically...

Yeah...sorry I should have mentioned that. It is the Prima....and they don't assign the cabins when they make this offer. That gets done later so you have no idea where it's gonna be. 

5 hours ago, European_CruiseGirl said:

Looking at your signature op - we are talking about the Prima yes? And deck 16 spa cabins?

Yes indeed I would at least for now avoid the deck 16 spa cabins until I would have heard from quite many people if the deck 17 Galaxy Pavilion caused any disturbance for the deck 16 cabins that are partially below it. I tend to usually shy away from all cabins that are directly below or above any kind of high activity area (gym, club, pool etc).

Yes it's the Prima, deck 16 spa balconies....I have a feeling I am not going to put a bid on this offer. We have a midship family balcony on deck 10 right now and there are no issues with above or below us on that cabin. I was thinking on deck 16 there is a possibility of being below the "race track" and we'd be hearing those race car motors all day long. Not that we are in our cabin all day but I don't think it would be a peaceful time out on the balcony. 

Edited by uneamie

5 minutes ago, uneamie said:

and we'd be hearing those race car motors all day long

They're electric, with added sound effects that you probably won't hear on your balcony.  What you're more likely to hear is the reaction of the structure to the cars driving around the track.

• Like 1