Questions Charges……and Credits

Gia2cats

A few weeks ago we booked a cruise on the Reflection for March. This is our 7th booking with Celebrity in 8 years so we are known to them. Full payment was due the day after booking so we paid in full. We book through a small 2 person Travel Agency. And we have purchased the Celebrity travel insurance for each booking.

This past Friday, while checking my charge card,  I noticed a credit from Celebrity for $259. Great, I thought. The cruise price went down. But I emailed my travel agent anyway because she always lets me know if anything changes. She took it a step further and called Celebrity to question the credit since she had no knowledge of it.

Turns out that Celebrity said they didn’t know the state we lived in so they canceled our travel insurance. Well, it’s the same state we’ve lived in for all 7 bookings. So with no notification they just canceled the insurance, even though my credit card had paid them! If I hadn’t checked my credit card and my agent hadn’t followed up, we would be traveling without insurance. I can only imagine the nightmare that would have ensued if we would have had to make a claim.

Just a reminder to question anything that doesn’t seem right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gia2cats said:

A few weeks ago we booked a cruise on the Reflection for March. This is our 7th booking with Celebrity in 8 years so we are known to them. Full payment was due the day after booking so we paid in full. We book through a small 2 person Travel Agency. And we have purchased the Celebrity travel insurance for each booking.

This past Friday, while checking my charge card,  I noticed a credit from Celebrity for $259. Great, I thought. The cruise price went down. But I emailed my travel agent anyway because she always lets me know if anything changes. She took it a step further and called Celebrity to question the credit since she had no knowledge of it.

Turns out that Celebrity said they didn’t know the state we lived in so they canceled our travel insurance. Well, it’s the same state we’ve lived in for all 7 bookings. So with no notification they just canceled the insurance, even though my credit card had paid them! If I hadn’t checked my credit card and my agent hadn’t followed up, we would be traveling without insurance. I can only imagine the nightmare that would have ensued if we would have had to make a claim.

Just a reminder to question anything that doesn’t seem right.

It's a blessing in disguise.  The travel insurance offered through Celebrity is very weak in comparison to what you can get from other insurance providers.  Shop around and you'll notice the differences in coverage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

It's a blessing in disguise.  The travel insurance offered through Celebrity is very weak in comparison to what you can get from other insurance providers.  Shop around and you'll notice the differences in coverage.

I know a lot of people recommend other travel insurance but after 15 cruises we’re Ok with what Celebrity provides in conjunction with our Chase card and excellent international health insurance. We have looked at it but once you hit 70 age-wise, it’s really expensive. 
We cruised with friends in the 90’s and the wife had a diving accident in Cozumel. She received excellent care and her health and cruise insurance covered everything.