Can I plug a DVD player into the cabin TV?

jimc_usa

I will be on the Victory and I was curious to know if my laptop or DVD player would plug into the TV by way of S-Video or RCA connections?

Not sure, but I would guess no. If you look at the connections on TVs in hotels, they only have a coax connection and they have a round cover over them that keeps you from disconnecting it. But these TVs could be different.

Don't know if it's true or not, but Carnival's website says no, don't bring any VCRs, DVDs or games because they won't work (they might just be saying this to keep people from messing with the TV)

Don't know if it's true or not, but Carnival's website says no, don't bring any VCRs, DVDs or games because they won't work (they might just be saying this to keep people from messing with the TV)

Now what fun would that be? Listening to Carnival!

Now what fun would that be? Listening to Carnival!

Exactly...they have such dumb rules such as "no burning candles in your cabin" and "no portable gas grills in your cabin". :) They really know how to take the fun out of cruising!

I tried it with our television on Victory in January. We had a suite and even took every potential patch cord known to mankind. I tried plugging in my portable DVD player with no luck. And I'm a person who can connect anything electronic. So good luck!

I tried it with our television on Victory in January. We had a suite and even took every potential patch cord known to mankind. I tried plugging in my portable DVD player with no luck. And I'm a person who can connect anything electronic. So good luck!

Thanks Rick

I guess I will have to view on my laptop!

I've never tried to connect a DVD player, but the newer ships from the PR on up have RCA inputs on the front of the tv. On the older ships the TV's are enclosed in wood cabinets so you can't even get to the inputs on the back of the TV.

I've never tried to connect a DVD player, but the newer ships from the PR on up have RCA inputs on the front of the tv. On the older ships the TV's are enclosed in wood cabinets so you can't even get to the inputs on the back of the TV.

I think the Victory is fairly new - I plan on taking my cables just in case - but thanks for the info!

I think the Victory is fairly new - I plan on taking my cables just in case - but thanks for the info!

I was on the Victory two years ago and don't remember any inputs on the front of the TV. I didn't check the back. Victory is 6 yrs old and my guess is that 99% of the TV are that old also.

The age of the TV has nothing to do with it. I have a TV that is 8 years old that has front AV jacks. I have another that is 2 years old that only has connections in the rear.

My point was that 6 years ago AV jacks in the front weren't as common as they are today. And you're right not all TVs today have front AV jacks but more do today then 5-10 yrs ago.

Archived