Has Anybody Used the Viking Cancel For Any Reason Waiver?

sparkles

I purchased trip insurance (Trip Mate) from Viking when I booked our upcoming cruise. It looks like Viking should provide travel vouchers if I need to cancel for any non-covered reason. I’d like to cancel my trip due to a (non-emergency) family member’s surgery taking place while we’re gone. Right now we would be entitled to a 50% refund; would Viking provide travel vouchers for the remaining 50%? Are the vouchers good towards another cruise including air? Thanks in Advance!

2 hours ago, sparkles said:

I purchased trip insurance (Trip Mate) from Viking when I booked our upcoming cruise. It looks like Viking should provide travel vouchers if I need to cancel for any non-covered reason. I’d like to cancel my trip due to a (non-emergency) family member’s surgery taking place while we’re gone. Right now we would be entitled to a 50% refund; would Viking provide travel vouchers for the remaining 50%? Are the vouchers good towards another cruise including air? Thanks in Advance!

You need to read the policy document for the Tripmate Insurance.

Basically, you have 2 options

- Accepting the cancellation terms, which as you indicate is 50% cash refund from Viking. You can then submit an insurance claim for a refund from the insurance company of the funds withheld by Viking. Note - this is only covered, if your cancellation reason is one of the covered reasons and is not included in the list of exemptions. It requires extensive paperwork.

- You can submit a claim under the CFAR terms, which is covered by Viking directly. Provided you do not have any of the exempt situations, Viking will issue FCV's for the entire cruise fare. You do not get any refund and the vouchers are only good for 12 months.

A new cruise must be booked within 12-months and can be used for everything except the deposit and insurance.