Sickness

Pattiepat

Am leaving on the Grand on 3/25 to Western Carribeann and I am wondering about eating & drinking off the ship and on excursions......does anyone ever get sick eating, drinking the water or having ice with their drinks? I've been to Acapulco and gotton "Motezuma's Revenge" really bad and I don't want to experience that again....LOL! Should I take Lomotil on the trip, just in case?!

Pat - A friend of mine did get ill at the Acapulco Princess Hotel once, but I ate the same things, and didn't bother me at all.

I always have a meal at a local restaurant on every island I visit. It's just part of the great adventure of travel - sampling the local cuisine. Most all reputable restaurants have signs saying they use only purified water when cooking and in their ice for drinks. (They don't want to get a reputation for making tourist sick, y'know?)

Just to be on the safe side, however, I always take a "mini medicine cabinet" on my cruises, as well as land vacations. I take things like Tylenol, Bonine, Immodium AD, Visine, bandaids, Neosporin. It's good to be prepared - because these items in the ship's store are very costly.;)

Archived