Princess Wedding

seabride

Has anyone gotten married on a Princess ship? My fiancee and I are thinking about getting married on the Caribbean Princess in September. I know they have the option of getting married at sea by the Captain. This is a second marriage for us and we will be bringing our grown children. (5) Is there a small reception option on Princess. What about music? Please help

Hi seabride! Congrats!!

You might want to take a look at this link on these boards: http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=158097554&m=5673085417

Dawn24 has made several posts about her wedding on Princess, and they would be very helpful to read through (posts here on CruiseCritic). When you go to that thread I gave you above, left-click on her name in red (Dawn24) and choose "View Recent Posts by Dawn24" and you will see all of her posts. She also has a link to her pictures in there as well. When you read Dawn's posts, you'll also come across posts by other Princess couples and could look at their posts by using the same left-click method.

If marrying on board, then I believe it is The Wedding Experience that coordinates the wedding. They coordinate for several cruiselines. http://www.theweddingexperience.com/ships.html

Princess' wedding page: http://www.princess.com/onboard/weddings/weddings.html

If choosing to marry at a port of call on land, then you are free to use local wedding coordinators. If I recall correctly from my own research planning my wedding, Princess marriage licenses come from Bermuda. And yes, you are right - they are practically the only cruiseline that will marry at sea and have the proper paperwork to do so. Otherwise, like you have already read, you would have to be in port somewhere and abide by local regulations according to wherever that marriage license is coming from. (Ex: We married on St John in the US Virgin Islands, so our marriage license came from the USVI.)

When we were researching our wedding, we went through Princess by calling 1-800-PRINCESS to obtain the brochures with pricing.

Have fun!! icon_smile.gif

~ Mandy

NCL Sky 12/2000 - Western Caribbean

Celebrity Galaxy 12/2001 - Southern Caribbean

S/S Norway 03/2003 wedding cruise - Eastern Caribbean

~~~~ Married on the beach in St John! ~~~~

HAL ms Maasdam 11/23/2003 - Western Caribbean

• 3 weeks later...

Seabride,

We are getting married on June 11th,the day before we cruise on the Carribean Princess. I don't know if you thought about this but we decided to have someone from the Ft. Lauderdale area marry us before the cruise. It seems so much less expensive to have the wedding coordinated by someone other than the cruise lines. This is a second marriage for us too. We are only taking along my sister and brother in law so we don't need any reception or anything. If you want to know who we used in Florida the website is Celebrationswedding.com and the ladies name is Patricia Tobey. I think that they can also marry you outside of the ship right before you board. The price for the ceremony is $195 for weekends and $165 for weekdays. Good luck and I hope this helps!!!

Shuga

Days remaining...

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

My husband and I just got back from our wedding on the Caribbean Princess and it was absolutely perfect. There were 14 of us total and we got married in the "Heart and Soul" Chapel by the captain. We had a program that we made up ahead of time and the captain followed it so that we had the ceremony go exactly as we planned. We had a photographer take pics for the ceremony and we were only charged for the pics we bought --We ended up getting the CD for 495.00. We had a nice package that included champaigne, robes, champaigne breakfast on the morning of our choice, a cake and some other perks. We also got a framed photograph of our wedding picture. After the ceremony the photographer took us outside around the ship for some beautiful shots. We ended up having an hour reception afterward that included drinks only-- for 187.00. That was for 13 adults and one child. We had a choice of appetizers but why pay for it when u can have them for free all day long on the ship? The wedding was on a day where the ship was at sea and it was absolutely perfect. If I had to do it all over again I wouldnt change a thing. Hope this helps icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your post faile! Jason and I are getting married on August 2 on the Carribean Princess.

I noticed there were other posters that said that the chapel was small and not very pretty, so I was a little worried.

You have put me at ease. Thanks!

There are 20 family members and friends going with us. We are really looking forward to our special day!

Kelley

• 1 month later...

Faile,

Thanks for your post about your wedding with Princess. We are getting married July 4, 2005 on the Caribbean Princess. We are doing the at sea program, which I am really excited about. Although we are still in the planning stages it is good to know that I could ask for help when needed. We thought of the reception, but didn't know how to go about it. Hopefully, closer to the time I will be able to ask you more, if that is alright.

Take care and thanks again.

My fiance and I toured the Caribbean Princess with our wedding coordinator. I have lots of pics of wedding and reception locations on the ship, plus rooms and other fun stuff. I'm happy to share, just e mail me at cepausm@bellsouth.net and I'll send you the pics. They are in 2 4mb files, so make sure your e mail can handle it (hotmail and yahoo have to be pretty empty to handle them). Like I said, I'm happy to share!

• 2 weeks later...

Great reading -- I'm learning a ton! But I have one question -- can anyone who has been married on a Princess ship and been inside the "Hearts and Minds" chapels tell me WHAT IS BEHIND THOSE CURTAINS??? I always see the floor to ceiling drapes in the background of all the chapels and I am dying to know what is behind them? Windows? Can I open them? Is it just a wall covering? Thank you in advance for letting me know :)

Amanda

Archived