On Board credit question?

Big-Will

Yes, any On Board Credit you receive from promotions or as compensation for other issues should automatically be applied to your Sign and Sail account, and will be used to pay for purchases (including specialty dining) before any cash or credit card you used to pre-fund your account.

I would suggest you take a copy of your booking invoice or other correspondence that shows you received On Board Credit with you on your cruise in the rare occasion that it isn't applied to your account when you board.

• Like 3

I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't think you could use the "onboard" credit until you were onboard.  My impression is if you booked dinner or excursions ahead before boarding, it would go to your credit card and not applied to "onboard" credit.

3 minutes ago, Kellyann said:

I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't think you could use the "onboard" credit until you were onboard.  My impression is if you booked dinner or excursions ahead before boarding, it would go to your credit card and not applied to "onboard" credit.

When you prepurchase and got to pay, if you have OBC, you will be asked if you want to use it towards the purchase.

Edited by canes20
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Carnival switched to letting  you use your onboard credit prior to boarding to purchase whatever you wanted through Carnival sometime in Spring of 2022. Prior to that, you had to use it on the ship. It was a great benefit on my last cruise when we had lots of onboard credits from canceled due to Covid cruises. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks I knew someone would correct me.  I didn't know it had changed and I was on 2 cruises in 2022 with onboard credit that I waited to use until I was onboard.  I love this site because it's always an opportunity to learn something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1