trying to find a list of prohibited items for suitcase

choggy

I have noticed on my luggage label that scissors appear to be a prohibited  item ,when flying they always go in the case   dont want to end up on the naughty step but surely they dont belong in hand luggage ,tried P n O website (help and contact us) just blanks out these are 6ins scissors not tailors shears lol

30 minutes ago, choggy said:

I have noticed on my luggage label that scissors appear to be a prohibited  item ,when flying they always go in the case   dont want to end up on the naughty step but surely they dont belong in hand luggage ,tried P n O website (help and contact us) just blanks out these are 6ins scissors not tailors shears lol

If a pair of scissors are shown on the label,  it may mean...don't not cut..does it also say ...fold.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, choggy said:

As stated above it means ‘do not cut off’. 

• Like 2

On 1/21/2023 at 6:44 PM, devonuk said:

As stated above it means ‘do not cut off’. 

Just printed off the latest P&O luggage label for my Feb cruise and there is a prohibited items drawing of a suitcase with a pair of scissors therein which I’ve never noticed before 🤔

This throws the debate open I guess 😳😊

12 minutes ago, 2BACRUISER said:

Same as all flying all sharps in hold luggage note this includes knitting needles, crochet hooks, Swiss multi tool etc anything with the potential to stab or injure aircrew or equipment. HTH

Nail scissors can go in hand luggage. I also carry a Wallet Ninja in my phone case and have never had a problem.

14 minutes ago, 2BACRUISER said:

You maybe got lucky i have had them confiscated and they are listed by most airlines. 

Are you referring to nail scissors or Wallet Ninjas? The latter are not listed but as far as scissors are concerned, all airlines we have travelled with state that scissors with blades of more than 6cm must be carried in checked baggage.

So, if you've had nail scissors seized then you have been unlucky.

1 minute ago, TigerB said:

Are you referring to nail scissors or Wallet Ninjas? The latter are not listed but as far as scissors are concerned, all airlines we have travelled with state that scissors with blades of more than 6cm must be carried in checked baggage.

So, if you've had nail scissors seized then you have been unlucky.

Nail scissors, i had to buy some in italy and they cost a fortune they went home in the hold luggage lol.

I have no idea whatsoever what wallet ninjas are and no wish to as obvs i dont need them in my life lol!!

That reminds me of the sign i seen on the Azura years ago when entering through Security a list of items you were not allowed to bring onboard, the usual guns, knives, explosives but further down the list it made me laugh No Chainsaws allowed onboard.

So if you were  thinking of taking a Chainsaw better not don't want to get into trouble do you. 😂

• Haha 2

On 1/21/2023 at 5:34 PM, choggy said:

Thanks everyone, first time cruised from a home port since pandemic ,follow the rules for flying ,saw the do not remove luggage label warning didn,t think they would need a picture as well ,wonder what the symbol is next to it ?will call professor Langdon he can help me with e-mojis as well as I havent a clue  about those 

57 minutes ago, choggy said:

Thanks everyone, first time cruised from a home port since pandemic ,follow the rules for flying ,saw the do not remove luggage label warning didn,t think they would need a picture as well ,wonder what the symbol is next to it ?will call professor Langdon he can help me with e-mojis as well as I havent a clue  about those 

I just printed off my luggage labels. As you and Devon say.....a picture of scissors in the little suitcase denoting prohibited. Never noticed that before. They are relatively big scissors, so they may actually be garden shears. I think I will pack ( not actually me ) only nail scissors and leave the gardening to the P&O team. Also there are No scissors diagrams on the bottom corners of the luggage label.

Ooo er.

• Like 1

Hi, I've just printed out my labels. The 'no scissors' logo is to warn you not to cut the label. It also says 'DO NOT CUT' in the written instructions.

For a list of prohibited items, check with your airline. Virgin Atlantic's is here: https://help.virginatlantic.com/eu/en/baggage/dangerous-items.html

label.jpg

Edited by tesni
to add pic
  • Thanks 1

Recently flown to Tenerife and on check in was asked about lithium batteries and I said does my electric toothbrush (Braun electric) count. The response was “yes it must go in your hand luggage not the hold”. Thankfully it was a fairly simple switch as it was near the zip but even the assistance person was shocked it went in cabin baggage.

16 hours ago, tesni said:

Hi, I've just printed out my labels. The 'no scissors' logo is to warn you not to cut the label. It also says 'DO NOT CUT' in the written instructions.

For a list of prohibited items, check with your airline. Virgin Atlantic's is here: https://help.virginatlantic.com/eu/en/baggage/dangerous-items.html

The picture of the little suitcase.

20230129_111802.thumb.jpg.4baea58f9ef5b47aad03531c9691f2ae.jpg

• Like 1