Any tips for the Caribbean cruise?

goodvino808

Hello All!   I am on the ovation next week out of Saint Martin for the 7 day yachtsman cruise.  Just curious if anyone has done this route in previous years and any advice or must do activities?  Also when does Seabourn typically post the room you are in?  What generally is the ride like this time of year too.?   Thanks in advance 

image.thumb.jpeg.0c6efefc778c60205624fa623570b1f8.jpeg

If you chose a specific suite level at time of booking the suite number will have been allocated immediately. If OB usually 2 weeks before so you should have heard by now. If you log in to the Seabourn site you may see it there now.

I would expect the sail down to Barbados should be pretty good at this time of year. That said I have noticed higher winds over the last few years.

If you are staying over in Barbados there is lots to do. Recommend a catamaran trip which includes a swim with turtles.

Disembarkation at Bridgetown, Barbados yesterday was a bit of a mess. I think there was a late change to Ovation’s berth meaning for most a long walk in the sun from the gangway to the warehouse where luggage was to be picked up.  Mrs Fife is having difficulties walking just now so took a shuttle bus which took us to the wrong ship’s luggage pick-up at first before correcting the mistake.  Then everyone had to get on another bus, loading own luggage in some cases, to get to the terminal. 

I suspect more of a port authority issue rather than down to Seabourn but it was all a bit confusing and not the perfect end to our trip, but other than that we had a great time. 

Hi goodvino808, we're neighbors! We're from Northbrook!

We've sailed the Caribbean during November/December/January/February for the last 10 years on various sized ships - Celebrity, Windstar, Lindblad and Sea Cloud. We returned from a 2-week Windstar on Sunday. Most of the trip was normal, comfortable seas. Beautiful warm and sunny weather. But the last couple of days of the trip as we moved from Columbia to Barbados, the seas were a little rougher and there were two ports where we couldn't tender. So the odds are good you will have a comfortable "ride", but you never know. The BBC World gives worldwide weather reports and they were commenting on the strong winds in the Caribbean during the couple of days we had rougher seas. Not really bad, but I took meclazine just in case so I wasn't bothered at night.

Have a good trip!