Viking Air from UK to SE Asia

claranda

Any Brits out there with experience of taking Viking flights from London to Hong King and returning from Tokyo? I doubt that I’ll be able to snag BA reward flights on these routes, and even upgrading with Avios to Club will be impossible if Viking tickets late.

So, anyone know if booking Club/Business on these routes via Viking is reasonable, and which airlines do they usually use?

We had a Asian cruise cancelled last year, which we had selected Turkish for the flights (have to transfer in Istanbul both ways). They were the cheapest of what I would class as acceptable airlines. We normally use BA, but at that time they weren’t using the Hong Kong route.  Viking also use KLM and Emirates, but again both of those have a transit.  BA are flying back into Japan, so that is probably your only direct option. As you’ve probably noticed, all flight prices have increased quite a bit

When the World Cruise ended in Dubai, Viking initially booked us BA flights from Dubai - LHR-YVR. Not Hong Kong, but we had no issues getting BA flights from the Middle East.

Unfortunately, Viking Air will no longer upgrade the class with Avios, as they did a few years ago. Therefore, unless Business Air is included, we book our own flights in First/Business using Avios.