Kids Club on Port Days

Riggy84

Hi everyone. I’ve just booked QV for the summer and have a question regarding kids clubs. I did have a look around but couldn’t find any up to date information. 
I will be taking my kids away on our first proper holiday as a single parent of a soon to be 13 year old daughter and a 6 year old son. 
Could you please advise if you know if the kids clubs allow you to drop off and go off the ship on port days? We don’t plan to go on any far away excursions, just a mooch around the local area. 
the 6 year old can be a bit of a handful when he’s bored so I want to plan for one or 2 days of stress free touring if that’s even possible!
Also, if they do, are the kids fed there during lunchtime? Again so I can plan accordingly. 
Thanks in advance for any advice, and no judgement please!

We’ve never used the facilities as we don’t have kids but I’m sure others will be able to help with more information on this.  We did meet a couple whose children used the Kids Zone a few years ago on a med cruise and I recall they enquired about going on a 2 or 3 hour walking tour and they were informed that they were not able to leave their children onboard at the club.  I think it will be in terms and conditions for the childrens clubs that you have to sign up to if you use those services.   So it might be a case of a drink by the pool when in port instead while they’re in the club 😀 Hope you have a lovely holiday and I’m sure others in this forum will be able to help answer your questions too 👍

From Cunard….

Please ensure that you book a tour ticket for your infant via My Cunard.

Note that all minors (those under 18) must be accompanied by an adult on shore excursions.

We ask parents and guardians to note that children must not be left unaccompanied on the ship while the ship is in port. There is no facility offered on board to look after your children if you go ashore.

• Like 1

And quite rightly so !  Several years ago I witnessed an awful saga whereby grandparents left a 12 year old boy onboard ( in the care of another couple and their young son) whilst they the grandparents went ashore.

They didn't managed to return back to the ship on time  and there was quite a commotion on the aft deck. 

Eventually the elderly couple were brought out to ship by a local pilot , goodness know how they managed the difficult boarding procedure . 

Thanks all for the info. Looks like I’m taking the terror into port with me then and buying the alcohol package I originally decided I wouldn’t need 😃

I will think about putting him in it when we return back onboard for a little bit of sanity. 
we weren’t planning to be any further than 30 mins away from the ship at any time and as I hate being late for ANYTHING I would never be one of those ship chasers I laugh about! But rules are rules and I will stick with what they tell me.