Stockholm docking at Stadsgarden

Dede F

How far of a walk to downtown Stockholm from Stadsgarden ? Has anyone used the Hop On Hop Off Buses in Stockholm, are they worth it ? Any recommendations as to how to get around from Cruise Port of Stadsgarden would be appreciated.

Hi check out the hop on hop off boat to get round. I think it stops where you dock. I would email the company with your information to be sure. The boats stop near old town, the Royal Palace; and the Vasa and ABBA museums. The company is very responsive. Much more pleasant than a bus. 

https://www.redsightseeing.com/stockholm/our-tours/hop-on-hop-off-boat/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We docked there for an overnight last summer. It’s about half an hour to the main downtown area. You walk by the water past Fotografiska ( photography museum)  until you come to Slussen station. In July there was a bit of construction to negotiate there. Then over the bridge to the main area. It’s really not far but we always walk everywhere on holiday and walk at quite a pace. Day 2 we got on a boat literally  right next to the ship which took us straight over the water to Djurgarden. It was called the MS Emilie and you pay with card on the boat. It was only us and the speaker/ lecturer who  was on board so I get the impression it is not well known. We got to Vasa Museum just at opening. We visited attractions there and then walked the long way back to the ship back through the waterfront. There was lots to see and it was great to soak up the atmosphere. 

Stockholm was lovely and walking helps you appreciate the surroundings more I always think.

• Like 1

Ho-ho boat is the way to go, there's a stop at Stadsgarden quay.

We walked the part between the stops at Slussen and  Nybrokajen to take in the old Gamla Stan area and Royal Palace.

One problem with using the ho-ho is that their route is clockwise,

https://www.redsightseeing.com/media/qfdj1j1q/stockholm-map-2022.pdf

which means that the Vasa ship/museum comes late in the day.

It's a very popular attraction and numbers are restricted, so usually a one-out, one-in line builds at the entrance, so to (probably) avoid the line you should make it your first stop.

When we were there, in the mornings some  ho-hos were going direct Stadsgarden to Vasa so we were able to go early - by the time we came out the line was just beginning.

Our visit was some years ago, hopefully Desdichado or others will correct me if this is out-of-date

JB 🙂

This is from last year and it looks like one queue for groups and one for non groups.

There is more then one ticket sales line though so I would assume that the single line splits into several close to  the entrance.

https://www.google.com/maps/@59.3287663,18.0926294,3a,20.3y,258.17h,87.57t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sooukNhc2uT4x6wu3Nh1wyA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

I also think that going with Emelie harbour ferries might be faster then hoho boats (depending on if you can time Emelie's departure). It will require walking about 600 meters once a shore though.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Allmänna+gränd,+115+21+Stockholm/59.3285674,18.0921917/@59.3263304,18.09401,789m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m9!4m8!1m5!1m1!1s0x465f9d5547c2528b:0x30c914a4f5a65e1d!2m2!1d18.0946181!2d59.324081!1m0!3e2

HoHo boats will drop you off just north west of S:t Erik (icebreaker) so you will re-gain some time there compared to Emelie.

• Like 1