Past Guest Pre Sale

oneworld

My wife and I have been inundated by the PVP that we used for our first cruise. Funny how she is so apt to contact us now for a new booking as part of this special but never contacted us at all when she promised to look for lower fares if the price on our cruise from last year went down.

Of course as I have learned, Carnival's PVP's won't call you and let you know that your cruise price dropped. That's up to us.

My wife and I have been inundated by the PVP that we used for our first cruise. Funny how she is so apt to contact us now for a new booking as part of this special but never contacted us at all when she promised to look for lower fares if the price on our cruise from last year went down.

Of course as I have learned, Carnival's PVP's won't call you and let you know that your cruise price dropped. That's up to us.

Keys, first of all the PVP is not actually sending you individual emails, it's all automated because you are in the database. If you wish not to recieve them, you can be removed.

Secondly, it is not a PVPs job to pro-actively search out lower rates for you. Any PVP who made a consant habit of that would not keep their job for very long. You think Carnival wants to employ people who proactively seek to reduce revenues? To complain that "it's up to you" to seek out lower fares is pretty rediculous.

Keys, first of all the PVP is not actually sending you individual emails, it's all automated because you are in the database. If you wish not to recieve them, you can be removed.

Geez, not trying to get flamed, but oh well. NO, I was told directly by our PVP when we booked last year that if any discount came up she would let me know. Now either she was just trying to make us feel good or she was lying through her teeth.

After reading posts on these boards over the last year I learned that Carnival does not notify a passenger of a lower fare for the reason you mentioned.

And it wasn't a complaint, my comment of "it's up to you", but simply stating what I learned over the past year. Factual, isn't it?

Actually, if your PVP came across a lower rate she probably would let you know. But her job is to service guests with problems or issues, and of course (if she wants to make $$ and keep her job) make new bookings. So your PVP was not misleading you. But even if she wanted to, with a database of between 10 to 15 thousand leads and a minimum of 150 calls to make a day, you really think she has time to check and see if everyone's rate has dropped? Didn't mean to flame, but it seemed like you were complaining. Very simply, you could call and ask her once every few weeks to check if the rate has dropped.

I'm having trouble getting it to work online. Do I go through the find a cruise way or am I supposed to be going somewhere else online?

I went to http://www.carnival.com and clicked on the button that said "Find a Cruise" on the top left hand side. Then I entered the information required and picked the sailing that interested me by clicking on "Book Now". I entered the fare code on the next screen where they ask you if you need them to provide the air arrangements. I put p1s into the "Promotional Code" box right above my past guest number and it pulls up the fares then.

Is it really a better thing to get a balcony higher on the ship? I could see the reason for saving money because you're a past guest, but is it worth getting the upgrade?

Personally, I prefer lower decks because you feel less motion on them. The fact that they are less expensive is a happy coincidence!!

I don't like that you can't see the available cabins without the upgrade. As an example, looking at the Glory for April 8th, you cannot view cabins for 8A-C because there is an upgrade to the Panaroma Deck. For us, that isn't a great spot and would prefer cat 8A on upper deck. Last year, when we booked the Glory, there was an upgrade available but we didn't take it because we liked being more central on the ship.

Archived